Can't turn the TT1 on

After I updated to 6.52 yesterday, I couldn't turn the TT1 on after disconnecting it from my computer. I had to do the reset on the unit. I connected it to the computer again to see what happened. I couldn't turn it on again after disconnecting from the computer without doing the reset. Is this a bug in the new application software? Has anyone experienced the same?

This is strange.
What I noticed with my 910 after the firmwire, is that I have to hold on to the on button longer to start it. It seemed like it wouldn't turn on. I held it until I saw my start up image appear.

Thank you for the reply. I thought that was what I needed to do, but after holding the button for over a minute, I gave up and reseted it.

Pedro2NR, you are right, I don't have the problem now. I had just backed up my TT1 on my desktop, and I didn't have problem turning it on afterward.

This happened to me once. Right after I swapped to a larger memory card. I used a paperclip on the reset button. It booted up fine after that and hasn't happened to me since.

Yes, it has happened to me too. I ended sending in the unit, they had to reload the maps and application, sent it back, again hooked it up to my computer and i lost all data on the sd card! The second time, support told me that the SD card may be faulty, so they sent me a new SD card. Needless to say, I will NOT attach my tom tom one to my computer again. Instead, I copied the SD card onto the desk top, then on another removable drive so I have a copy of the critical maps and data. I should also add, the software that came with the unit, the CD, I was able to make up one backup. After i lost all data on the CD card, the program would no restore it. Support told me to "uninstall" the product. When i did this, my new computer crashed! Support suggested i download the latest TomTom Home application and use it. I did, that's when I lost all data on my SD card for the second time. When i uninstalled the newest application, my computer did not crash....I suggest you back up your card directly to your hard drive then store it on a different type removable device, so you have it.

Last edited:
I also ran into this issue a couple time. Everytime after I copied new voices or POI to the SD card directly or by connecting the device to the computer. One time the device did not start and the other time the device started but hang. Both times I had to reset the device using the paper clip. Is there a fix for this issue?

Ask a Question