Can't select computer voice!!

TomTom Model(s)
go 510
I just got the 920 it has v 8.3 installed. I have computer voices in it but I can't select them! Change Preferences - Change voice only shows the recorded voices and no computer voices! Help!

I just got the 920 it has v 8.3 installed. I have computer voices in it but I can't select them! Change Preferences - Change voice only shows the recorded voices and no computer voices! Help!
Firstly, 8.3 is required for 815 maps only. If you are using an older map, switch back to 8.010.

Now, I had the same problem on my 930 with 8.010 and 805 maps.
There are threads about that here where we were even comparing folders and files between working units and mine.

In a nut shell, try this:

Arno said:
When I couldn't get computer voices to work I tried the pin reset and it didn't change anything.
An answer to a Support question was to use the ClearFlash tool. That didn't do anything.
Calling support I was asked to use HOME to download and install 8.010 (which was on the machine).
She then stayed on the line while I removed the 930 from the cradle and tested that the computer voice worked OK.

There may not be any computer voices installed.

Dock the unit, connect to Home, select Add Voices, computer voices and see what's showing. you probably have to dl and install the one(s) you want.

the voices were installed. I deleted and re-installed them and that seemed to fix it. . .BUT. . . the computer voices get really choppy and only spit out word fragments- not always but at least 50% of the time! :mad: :mad: :mad:

the voices were installed. I deleted and re-installed them and that seemed to fix it. . .BUT. . . the computer voices get really choppy and only spit out word fragments- not always but at least 50% of the time! :mad: :mad: :mad:
voice guidance stuttering is a known issue with NC8.300.
Hope TT will release another firmware update soon.

Either install navcore 8.204 or just install version 7 loquendo TTS voices. The links are at pocketgpsworld.com tomtom forum.

Either will greatly reduce the problem (95% better). Both together will completely eliminate the stuttering problem.

Where is the Loquendo folder listed, on the sd card or internal? And, where is the specifc map folder? On the sd card or internal?

And, do this........tap the satellite bars when your unit boots up. What version (of firmware) does it show on the next screen?

And.....do a pin rest on your unit for about 5 seconds. does that rectify matters?

app 8.204
map 710.1576

map is on internal memory
loquendo folder was on the sd card but no voices listed in it. I copied the loquendo folder (with voices from internal to SD but it didn't make a difference)
Tried the pin reset with no change - no voices
volume is ON internal speaker selected.

I'd suggest you restore your firmware back down from a backup. There really is no good reason to have firmware 8.2 with that version of map.

Since 8.2 is on the sd card, TT will (by default) boot from the sd card. The fact that you say the Loquendo folder on the sd card was blank tells me the installation of the 8.2 firmware did not go perfectly.

You could try the roll back instructions found here

Ask a Question