can't see the safety cameras

Hi, I just got my tt 730 from bestbuy. I live in Toronto. When I connected it to tt home it downloaded the safety camera file for US and CND but I can't see it in my POI list. When I click the NorthAmerica folder inside the internal memory i see the ov2 file for it. I was wondering how do I display the cameras on the POI lists as a category so that it can warn me when near one. Do I have to download one of those red light camera files or do I just have to make a .bmp picture for it since the safety camera.ov2 is there?

Thanks, much appreciated

Are you saying in Preferences-->Manage pois, Show poi's on map, that there is no category of Safety Camera to check?

What is the .ov2 file called when you look at it using Explorer? (And, for the heck of it, try a pin reset).

The Ov2 file is called, "Safety_Cam_US_Canada_TomTom.ov2" and there another file next to it called "Safety_Cam_US_Canada_TomTomOv2.ver" there are both in the North America folder. Is it suppose to show under the POIs as "safety camera"?

My understanding is the category should be called exactly what the prefix of the .ov2 file is called. I don't know what the .ver file is (or I just don't remember :confused::confused:)

I was confused by this too at first. The Safety Cameras don't appear as a POI, and you can't update them via Manage POIs or through Map Corrections.

Instead, access Safety Cameras by selecting TomTom Services, then TomTom Safety Cameras. That will give you a number of options for setting preferences and correcting Safety Camera info. They kind of hid it in the menus there...

Ask a Question