Can't see Start 25 in "This PC"

I want to copy the folders on my Start25 onto my PC, but when I connect to the PC I can't see the device in "Devices and drives". The device is definitely connected, because as soon as I connect the USB lead, the My Drive Connect software loads. Does anyone know what the problem is?
Thanks

Yep. The user has no access to the file systems on Nav 3 devices such as yours. The device will appear as a network adapter in 'my computer'.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not quite sure I understand it though. Are you saying that it's not possible for me to access the files on the Start 25? I can't see anything in "my computer" (or "This PC") as it's now called in Windows10. I see one item under "Network locations" named DMR-PWT420, but this doesn't appear to be the TomTom. I'm trying to back up my favorites, but can't seem to do it via My Drive connect.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not quite sure I understand it though. Are you saying that it's not possible for me to access the files on the Start 25? I can't see anything in "my computer" (or "This PC") as it's now called in Windows10. I see one item under "Network locations" named DMR-PWT420, but this doesn't appear to be the TomTom. I'm trying to back up my favorites, but can't seem to do it via My Drive connect.
I have tried that once and it didn't work, but I now realise I was clicking the shortcut icon on the desktop instead of the icon in the notification area. I've given it another go now and it's worked perfectly. Many thanks and best wishes.
Len

Ask a Question