can't retrieve phone book entries

TomTom Model(s)
GO 700
I am asking about retriveing phone book entries for a LG VX8500. I have a new 700 user that is having problems with getting his phone book to his new 700. Anyone have a similar problem or better yet a fix.
Thanks for any help.

There are many phones out there that will work with the handsfree calling, but will not download the contact list. I have a Motorola V710 that works fine for calling, but will not send the contact list. Some have claimed it is because of the grouping available on the phones i.e. personal, business, etc.

The workaround is to put all of the contacts into a "contacts.txt" file in the form

Name, number

and place it into the "contacts" folder on the tomtom.
All of the contacts will then be available. It is a pain, unless you have a program to pull them off your phone into your computer.

Once you do this do not try and download the contacts again or you will have to reload the file onto the TomTom.

The workaround is to put all of the contacts into a "contacts.txt" file in the form

Name, number

and place it into the "contacts" folder on the tomtom.
All of the contacts will then be available. It is a pain, unless you have a program to pull them off your phone into your computer.

Once you do this do not try and download the contacts again or you will have to reload the file onto the TomTom.

That's a great tip.

If you have the same contacts from your phone in an email program like MS Outlook you can try exporting it as a *.csv file mapping the name and number. I haven't tried this but it might be faster so you avoid manual typing.

I have a Moto KRAZR and it takes FOREVER to send the contacts. I don't really have that many stored in the phone but it can easily take upwards of 10 minutes.

Ask a Question