Can't navigate to businesses!

Hi,

I've got a TomTom One and recently updated my device to the latest using TomTom Home software and now there are certain street that tell me "House numbers not available for this street."

So it seems that I'm limited to just navigating to homes?? I tried several major streets downtown and some of the expressways, etc around my town.

Tonight I was trying to go to our new pets office off one of our expressways (just a large street with tons of businesses) and I was left with my TomTom telling me how to get to the street however I was on my own after that squinting to find the exact address.

This is bull! What gives?

Thanks!

You can navigate to "Point on map" and it will get you to the specific spot of the expressway.

You can also save that specific spot as a Favorite, so you don't have to visually find it every time.

Hi,

I've got a TomTom One and recently updated my device to the latest using TomTom Home software and now there are certain street that tell me "House numbers not available for this street."

So it seems that I'm limited to just navigating to homes?? I tried several major streets downtown and some of the expressways, etc around my town.

Tonight I was trying to go to our new pets office off one of our expressways (just a large street with tons of businesses) and I was left with my TomTom telling me how to get to the street however I was on my own after that squinting to find the exact address.

This is bull! What gives?

Thanks!

You were under the impression that a GPS would take you to the exact spot on the planet that you are trying too go?

Unfortunately the technology isnt that good yet. They are great for getting you from your street to another street, but as far as putting you at the door step its a rarity with business or homes. The consumer equipment, technology, and man power just isnt there...

However if the place you are going knows its longitude and latitude you can use your tom tom and get within feet from where that location is. However who knows that information off the top of their head? :)

Ask a Question