Can't Make a Back-up Anymore

TomTom Model(s)
TT 1 (NE)
I've tried several times to back-up my One NE but the PC justs suddenly closes HOME, says there was an error and asks if I would like to send an 'error report' - I've been signed-in to HOME and signed-out of HOME with the same results. I've made several back-ups of my One NE before and never had any problems! Can anyone offer a solution or suggestions, or is this one for the Tech Support team?

ML

Home is banned from autostarting on my PC. I just use it when I have to.
For most operations, you can just treat TomTom as a removable disk.
That way I can copy the whole content of TomTom anywhere I want (Home wants to work on "C:" , which doesn't have much space left on my PC).

That's very strange, what is the error exactly?

D-F the exact message is:

TOMTOM HOME.EXE HAS ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM AND NEEDS TO CLOSE.
WE ARE SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.

Then I'm asked if I want to send an error report. I un-installed HOME and reinstalled a freshly downloaded version - 1.5.106.0 with the same results.

I was able to do a back-up of my original TT1 disk without any problems (before I typed this), it's when the 2 gig card is in the device that I get the message and HOME shuts down. Debugging doesn't work either, HOME just shuts down! I've also noticed that there is no communication between the PC and the TT1 when I use the 'safely remove hardware' feature.

The last back-up with the 2 gig card was in August.

ML

It sounds like those generic windows error messages.

Do you have an anti-virus program running in the background? Did you update something to your computer recently that might conflict with the HOME program? Also check for erros on the SD card like run chkdsk on it.

Ask a Question