can't locate streets

When I try to input a street to locate it, the tomtom doesn't show it in the list. If I know where it is, I can scroll the map to find it, and it'll show up on their map, but if I'm trying to input a street name, it's because I DON'T know where it is! Why does the tomtom shows it in the city I'm looking for it in, but won't pull it up in the list when I type it?

This isn't going to do me much good to help navigate to a location if I have to find it myself first on google maps; what's the point of having the gps, except as a toy?:confused:

Is there a fix for this that anyone can help me with? I've tried checking to see if it's a different city being that it's another part of town, but it's not, so that's out. The zip code is the same as my starting point, so that doesn't help me either.

When I try to input a street to locate it, the tomtom doesn't show it in the list. If I know where it is, I can scroll the map to find it, and it'll show up on their map, but if I'm trying to input a street name, it's because I DON'T know where it is! Why does the tomtom shows it in the city I'm looking for it in, but won't pull it up in the list when I type it?

This isn't going to do me much good to help navigate to a location if I have to find it myself first on google maps; what's the point of having the gps, except as a toy?:confused:

Is there a fix for this that anyone can help me with? I've tried checking to see if it's a different city being that it's another part of town, but it's not, so that's out. The zip code is the same as my starting point, so that doesn't help me either.
It's pretty clear that the TT map has the street located in a "city" that isn't obvious (and possibly not even correct). Can you define which city and street that's got you stumped? I've had some luck sorting this out here in Colorado when this happens.

When you use the zip code, then you only get a list of the streets within that zone. The street should be there. If it isn't, then this is a map error.

i had a customer leaving in a nearby village having similar problem, half the street in the village are not working when im searching them with the village name...

I tried searching them with the name of village around in case the had the bondary's wrong but without success.... those street seem to not being attribute to any city name

One of the streets in question is S May Ave in Yuma, AZ. If it's a different zip code than 85364 (mine in Yuma), then I don't know it. I wouldn't know the zip code if I was looking for a street in an area I didn't know anyway, so this shouldn't make a difference as long as the city is the same.

I was waiting at the airport last night by the rental car places, and played with a Garmin, and it found the location no problem, so I don't understand it.

Any help before I give up, and trade it in?:confused:

I was able to find S May in Yuma on my new 920.

I had to change to Arizona, then Yuma, than MAY (leave out S). I did not have any specific address - so ANYwhere. Near S Vaughn and Date Avenues

Ask a Question