Cant link new device to my account

TomTom Model(s)
Go 720
Happy Holidays to all first off. Since i wont get anyone on the phone, is there anyway i can link my recently replaced go 720 to my account in "Home" without having to contact Tom Tom?

My first unit i sent back due to a dead battery and the replacement they sent was worse so i sent that back as well after linking it to my account as well to replace the original. Well now the 3rd one ive received looks like the battery is good to go but the message that comes up says the device code can only be changed once every 6 months and to call support.

:mad:

Well now ill have to wait i guess huh??? is there a workaround at all??

Thanks.

Try this......

Log into tomtom.com and create a new account with a different email address. (doesn't even have to be a real address as long as it is in the proper format).

Now, log into Home and click on log in (top right of screen), use the new email address and see if that helps.

Thanks for the help. I was able to link my tom tom to another email address which is fine but unfortunately the device i sent back had map 8.3xxxx on it and this unit only has 7.221 and keeps saying i already have the lates map guarantee which i dont. Will Tom Tom need to push this through in order for me to get the map i had? My pc crashed, i had to reimage so sadly i dont have the old map which really bites.

I'm afraid that Customer Support at 866-486-6866 will need to sort this out for you.

Ask a Question