Can't get maps into TomTom Home

I have updated the question on TomToms "customer support" 3 times, but I keep getting these generic answers to another question alltogether.

Since they obviously don't even read my questions I updated all info in my last post to customer service, but I suspect no valid answer from them. Hope you ppl can help me though :)

My last post to customer service:
TomTom Home 1.5.106 on my computer(s) and Tomtom Navigator 6 installed on HTC Touch Diamond.
(Information on your web page stated that I had to use Tomtom Home 1.5 when working with Navigator 6, and that I needed to use Navigator 6 software for my Touch Diamond)

I'm sorry about getting frustrated, but why answer my question with a generic reply without even reading it?

I HAVE installed tomtom navigator 6 on my device and tomtom home on my computer without any issues. The connection between tomtom home and my htc diamond works just fine. I can not, however, get the maps into tomtom home logged in as (e-mail address removed). (yep, updated mail addr only for the forum audience)

When I update home it says "no updates available".

If you have any tips on how to get the maps into tomtom home beside the basic how-to that I've allready received that's not working I'm listening.

As stated earlier I've testet this on two computers with different setups on two totally different networks.

Please check to see if it's an error in your database that won't let me download my paid maps using my account. There was an error when ordering like explained earlier; I suspect that this might have caused an error in your internal database not linking the maps to my account..?

I have also explained that I get an error message when trying the "My Maps" option under "Plus services". I can not get access or see any maps there. Error message when hitting the "My Maps" button: "You have clicked an "Add to TomTom" button. Unfortunately, TomTom Home cannot add the item to your device because there is somerhing wrong with the button.

How about you try my login on the web to see if my paid maps show up in "My Maps"? If it doesn't I hope we agree that this error is on your side and not mine.

Since it's obviously not possible to get the maps without using home; and you seemingly can't tell me how to get home working, can I get the money refunded so I can buy a garmin solution insted?

Alternatively I might download a torrent with the maps (without feeling bad) since I actually allready paid for the non-working tomtom service.

First and foremost - do not email support -call them. If you have been sold a product and/or map by TomTom - by all means get them to help you download and install it.

Where you logged onto that account when you purchased the map? If so, the map should have been assigned to your account and downloaded when you connected to home - when also logged onto that account.

It may be that there are issues with respect to how their system works with Home 1.5, but in any case - get them on the phone. They may only have to manually move it to your account.

Whatever the case, while you are on the phone - they should be able to take steps that will allow you do install it with their help.

The email support in most cases is a WOT - usually generates only scripted responses.

There is some indication that their map information/update servers are acting up the last day or so.

First and foremost - do not email support -call them. If you have been sold a product and/or map by TomTom - by all means get them to help you download and install it.

Well I don?t think the local distrebutor is very interested in helping me since I ordered the maps directly from tomtom.com. This was almost a third of the price of what it would have been from the norwegian distrebutor?! It seems like TomTom is only represented in Norway through this distrebutor. Tough luck? I might call abroad if that?s the only solution though.

Where you logged onto that account when you purchased the map? If so, the map should have been assigned to your account and downloaded when you connected to home - when also logged onto that account.

Since I haven?t used any tomtom services before the account was made as a part of the registration process before ordering the map itself. The first time I did this I got an site error when punching in my card details and had to start all over again. I suspect that this might have caused a problem with my account not linking the map correctly in they?re database.

They may only have to manually move it to your account.

Agreed.

By the way, yep, I noticed the "TomTom USA" logo but figured I hopefully wouldn?t get killed for posting here anyhow :)

Last edited:
Of course non Americans are welcome here. They (We :D ) better be ... notice my flag? :p

The primary issue that many people have with Navigator 6 is that it is currently considered a "legacy" product. In short, Tomtom does not really support Navigator 6, and there are no newer maps beyond the "ancient" 675 version that will work with it.

In general disgust, I ended up buying a Go 930, which was well worth the price. Not only did I get new maps, but the device is supported, gets new software updates, and has all the new features that just are not available under Navigator 6.

Map Share and being able to put in map corrections directly is a feature that is very useful that Navigator 6 does not have.

Updated maps of course are a key feature.

The display on the larger Go models is bigger than my entire phone as well, so when it comes down to it, there is a good reason why the software version isn't as popular as it COULD be.

If Navigator 7 or preferably 8 were released with all the new features like advanced lane guidance, those with a PDA might really jump on it. The biggest issue that could cause problems is the lack of memory to handle the large maps(2GB may fit on a card, but many phones lack the required memory to process such large maps).

Perhaps the only feature I miss from my Navigator 6 is having the address book integration to the whole navigation system. So I can tell Navigator 6 to go to a physical address for someone in my address book, not just call that person.

Same problem - no satisfaction from TomTom

I have the same problem with TomTom. After explaining the problem repeatedly, they finally admitted that Navigator 6 is not supported with TomTom Home 1.5 and downloading maps although it used to work 6 months ago when I bought a map. Now I am trying to get the South Africa map and I keep getting the "we're working on it" run around. What really irks me is that they took my money without any problem knowing that they could not provide the map. I keep asking them to send me the map on disk or by FTP but they say that is not possible. More **** from TomTom.

If I don't get a solution soon then I will have no choice but to alert the German Consumer Affairs office and/or consult my lawyer. I wonder if the idiots at TomTom even read this forum....

Rhody

Last edited by a moderator:
(...)to send me the map on disk or by FTP but they say that is not possible. More **** from TomTom.

If I don't get a solution soon then I will have no choice but to alert the German Consumer Affairs office and/or consult my lawyer. I wonder if the idiots at TomTom even read this forum....

Rhody

I was told that it would be possible to cancel the order if they were not able to supply the map. This might be the only solution for me, but I kind of doubt that this is true as it could actually be considered decent customer service.

hehe, I did also supply them with FTP login information hoping that they might be able to just upload the map by FTP. I don?t think tomtom customer service know what FTP is. At least not the completely horrible first-line support.

I will never get tomtom software or gadgets ever again.

Same here - I've asked for my money back too. I will never buy another TomTom product again and I will make sure that I let everyone know what a crap company they are. It really is fraud to take someones money under the premise that they are selling you a product (regardless of the method - ie TomTom Home) and then telling you they have a problem when they knew this before they took your money. Even if they give it back! They should disable buying maps for Navigator 6 and inform customers up front. If they were open about this and offered a discount to buy a new product, I might even take them up on the offer. Unfortunately for them, I don't do business with companies that have no moral grounding so they just a lost a customer.

Was using TomTom Home v1.5.106

At 12:50 today when I was challenged downloading Australia Map v6.75 TomTom support proposed that I download and install TomTom Home v2.5.

Installed TomTom Home v2.5, restarted desktop pc and attached PDA, using ActiveSync v4.5. Purchased map downloaded from TomTom and installed to PDA (HTC TyTN II (Kaiser).

However, this is only a part solution as now I am challenged trying to get TomTom support to tell me what is the map product code. I need a product code so that I can perform the PDA Activation Code process.

Thirty years an Information Services Manager and I can say that I have never ever experienced software more difficult to install than that provided by TomTom!

I have updated the question on TomToms "customer support" 3 times, but I keep getting these generic answers to another question alltogether.

Since they obviously don't even read my questions I updated all info in my last post to customer service, but I suspect no valid answer from them. Hope you ppl can help me though :)

My last post to customer service:
TomTom Home 1.5.106 on my computer(s) and Tomtom Navigator 6 installed on HTC Touch Diamond.
(Information on your web page stated that I had to use Tomtom Home 1.5 when working with Navigator 6, and that I needed to use Navigator 6 software for my Touch Diamond)

I'm sorry about getting frustrated, but why answer my question with a generic reply without even reading it?

I HAVE installed tomtom navigator 6 on my device and tomtom home on my computer without any issues. The connection between tomtom home and my htc diamond works just fine. I can not, however, get the maps into tomtom home logged in as (e-mail address removed). (yep, updated mail addr only for the forum audience)

When I update home it says "no updates available".

If you have any tips on how to get the maps into tomtom home beside the basic how-to that I've allready received that's not working I'm listening.

As stated earlier I've testet this on two computers with different setups on two totally different networks.

Please check to see if it's an error in your database that won't let me download my paid maps using my account. There was an error when ordering like explained earlier; I suspect that this might have caused an error in your internal database not linking the maps to my account..?

I have also explained that I get an error message when trying the "My Maps" option under "Plus services". I can not get access or see any maps there. Error message when hitting the "My Maps" button: "You have clicked an "Add to TomTom" button. Unfortunately, TomTom Home cannot add the item to your device because there is somerhing wrong with the button.

How about you try my login on the web to see if my paid maps show up in "My Maps"? If it doesn't I hope we agree that this error is on your side and not mine.

Since it's obviously not possible to get the maps without using home; and you seemingly can't tell me how to get home working, can I get the money refunded so I can buy a garmin solution insted?

Alternatively I might download a torrent with the maps (without feeling bad) since I actually allready paid for the non-working tomtom service.

Question to TomTom regarding Australia Map v6.75

Purchased and downloaded on 22 Dec 2008 Map of Australia v6.75.
I have purchased my Flight ticket to Australia and I have hired a car.
When do you consider it will be possible for me to activate on my HTC-Kaiser (HTC TyTN II) windows mobile the purchased Map of Australia?
If you consider a working product is unlikely within the next 14 days please provide a full refund.

Your request might may more sense if you directed it to TomTom, the company.

This is just a TomTom forum (and 'unofficial' as the banner says).

We are not TomTom employees here......just plain folks such as yourself.

Ask a Question