Can't download update for GO 2535 M LIVE

I have a GO 2535 M LIVE unit. Both the MyTomTom application and the TomTom website say there's an update available for my GPS unit, but when I click on the "Get Item" link it won't let me download the update. The TomTom website won't even tell me what the update is. It just keeps telling me there's a new item available. I've tried both IE 9 and Google Chrome. I've tried using both browsers with and without private browsing mode. The website still just keeps telling me there's a new item but it won't tell me what it is or let me download it. I've now been clicking on this link repeatedly for over 30 minutes. I've opened a new private browsing window in Google Chrome and closed the old window before clicking on the "Get Item" link again. How do I find out what this item is and how do I download it? How many times do I have to click on the "Get Item" link to make this work?

The new item is an application update made available to all devices running on the new Nav 10.X + platform, including yours......

Try clearing your cache in your desktop's settings and save the settings.

Also, try IE9 in XP compatible mode,

----------------------------------------------------------------
Additional information:

It appears the tomtom server may have been overloaded. Reported that it is fixed now. Try downloading again.

Last edited:
@dhn
Since TomTom released code for (probably) every Nav3 device out there, I wonder if they've done a 'rolling' release of some sort, or turned it into a free-for-all? The latter would explain how the server got swamped.

As far as I can tell, the UK customers are getting the app release now. Also saw a poster from Spain say the same thing.

Not convinced NA users can get it yet.............

MyTomTom downloaded the new app this morning... I am waiting to go get my unit to finish the install.

My update's gone smoothly last night.
The init seems to be connecting faster.
Still trying to figure out how to get to my favorites easily, they got saved as "other favorites" & it seems I have to go thru 3 screens to get to then.

Using MyTomTom is the worst thing I have ever dealt with... this is torture... it gets thru 26% and then starts over again... and then tells me I have an update... took me about 14 tries to get my new map updated when I first got this thing.

Edit:

Finally got it... now I have 11.030

Last edited:
See here for a workaround by moderator, mvl:
If you want fewer to show, just unhighlight the icons in the configure screen.

If you want to remove the screen altogether, go to settings / favorites, then open each of the favorites that has a non-star icon and delete them. Once you only see "star" icons, the entire screen should go away.

If you don't want to rekey each of the favorites you deleted, you can go to "add community content" and copy the favorites.ov2 file to your computer. Then delete each icon per above. Once the screen goes away, go copy favorites.ov2 from your computer back to the device.

I believe there's a separate new bug in the application, it used to be easier to remove this screen.

See here for a workaround by moderator, mvl:
If you want fewer to show, just unhighlight the icons in the configure screen.

If you want to remove the screen altogether, go to settings / favorites, then open each of the favorites that has a non-star icon and delete them. Once you only see "star" icons, the entire screen should go away.

If you don't want to rekey each of the favorites you deleted, you can go to "add community content" and copy the favorites.ov2 file to your computer. Then delete each icon per above. Once the screen goes away, go copy favorites.ov2 from your computer back to the device.

I believe there's a separate new bug in the application, it used to be easier to remove this screen.

OK. Thanks a lot. No problem.
I'm used to the software being finicky.
THX

Ask a Question