Can't download Maps "payment failure"

I just bought a new XXL540s. I was told that uploading new maps are very easy and can be done with my new 540.......NOT.
I have called Tom TOm in the US and there telling me that its a server problem and pretty much saying that there is nothing they can do. My credit card company says that have no problem authorizing the payment.
But I keep getting a "payment Failure message" .
I'm going away to Europe and need help getting the western europe maps and a sucessfull download to my new 540.
HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP.

Last edited:
I can only suggest trying later. I had an issue with my credit card company yesterday when I renewed my map subscription. The credit card verifier screen refused to validate who I was and the payment wouldn't go through.

Had to call the credit card company and work through the issue. I know you say that your situation is not the CC company; it may indeed be the payment server.

As I said, try later.

Some credit cards do an automatic international block.

Call the cc company up and say you're buying something from a website in the Netherlands, and ask them to unblock that country for a couple days in their fraud systems. Or try another card.

I have one card from each of the major banks, just so I have a fallback when I do international travel.

I just bought a new XXL540s. I was told that uploading new maps are very easy and can be done with my new 540.......NOT.
I have called Tom TOm in the US and there telling me that its a server problem and pretty much saying that there is nothing they can do. My credit card company says that have no problem authorizing the payment.
But I keep getting a "payment Failure message" .
I'm going away to Europe and need help getting the western europe maps and a sucessfull download to my new 540.
HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP.
I'm having the same problem with my Go 710! Need help, your customer service was no help either! Fix the server TomTom!!

Ask a Question