cant download latest update

Yes, call CS to clear pending downloads from your account. Known issue

United Kingdom
0845 161 0009
or 020 7387 5444

Monday-Friday:
9:00 am to 5:30 pm BST

Click the ip link in his post, Arno. Now, in the window that pops up, click on the ip address.

Surprise, surprise! He's posting from the UK.

Also, he refers to a 1005 model, that's a European model.

Thanks for the info dhn, I called CS and after 25 mins on the phone I huung up, the girl sent me an email instrucstions on how to fix the problem .. this is what she sent ..
Kindly try the steps below in order to solve your issue:
1. Disconnect the device from the computer and perform a soft reset. 2. Empty the MyTomTomSA Cache manually. (delete the HOME 3 folder) 3. Clear the browser cache, cookies and history > http://tt-internal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17214/kw/ 4. While the device is still turned on, connect it to the pc. 5. Check for updates.

Thanks for the info dhn, I called CS and after 25 mins on the phone I huung up, the girl sent me an email instrucstions on how to fix the problem .. this is what she sent ..
Kindly try the steps below in order to solve your issue:
1. Disconnect the device from the computer and perform a soft reset. 2. Empty the MyTomTomSA Cache manually. (delete the HOME 3 folder) 3. Clear the browser cache, cookies and history > http://tt-internal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17214/kw/ 4. While the device is still turned on, connect it to the pc. 5. Check for updates.
Assuming she killed the old job, that should work.
What happened is that instead of a valid external URL, they accidentally used the internal network pointer to their drive on the server -- something you obviously can't get to from out here on the other side.

Tomtom has fixed this issue for most customers, try again and it may work for you.

If you are still having problems, let us know so we can tell our Tomtom contacts.

Yesterday (17/09/2013) I was notified that I had updates waiting and suffered the same response as Purplemadboy. Retrying today, once again the "Failed to download..." with the strange URL comes up. Any further advice or should I just follow the fix suggested at post 5? I'm using an Apple Mac computer so things go a bit differently from a pc. Thanks for any advice.

The problem for SOME was resolved yesterday. For others, such as yourself, apparently, it is necessary to call CS so they can kill the bad file from attempting to install on your device.

United Kingdom
0845 161 0009
or 020 7387 5444

Monday-Friday:
9:00 am to 5:30 pm BST

Our Tomtom contact said you can email support and ask to clear out your download cache on the server, for the purpose of fixing speedcam downloads.

Ask a Question