cant download a map i paid for!

TomTom Model(s)
One XL
i paid via the tomtom website and apparently when i start tomtom home it should update with the latest map, only it doesnt

i received thsi from tomtom

"You need to make sure that your device code is associated to your acccount first or the map will not be assigned to your account.

To do this, please follow these steps:-

- Open TomTom Home
- Log in to your account with your email address and password (click on File -> Login)
- Connect your TomTom to the computer and switch it on.
- TomTom Home will prompt you to update your account with the new device. Please do this."

this doent happen, when i power on the tomtom it home just runs as normal, in the device tab, the add new device is grey'd out :?

can anyone help?

After starting Home, have you tried to log on with the "logon" icon on the upper right of the screen.

When you do so, it should open up a menu to associates the device with your account. if the device attached to the account has been changed in the last 6 months, the menu will not let you do so and will tell you that.

In that case, you can get TomTom support to change it for you - on the phone. Using support through their onlline system is generally a total waste of time.

Ask a Question