Can't create my own Map Share map corrections

TomTom Model(s)
One 3rd Edition
Stupid question that seems to be intuitively obvious to others: How do you mark corrections that will later be shared with Map Share? I'm reading about how people are identifying missing, blocked or misnamed roads, etc., but I don't know how to do this. I would expect it to be under the "Map corrections" button, but when I click that button my only choices are:
  • Download a map (this choice is grayed out)
  • Delete a map
  • Download free map corrections
  • Switch map

In exploring info about Map Share on the Internet, I see that there should be buttons for marking blocked roads, etc., but I don't have access to those buttons.

Here's what I have:
  • TomTom One 3rd Edition
  • USA and Canada map v710
  • TomTom Home v2.1.2.121
  • I've already joined the Map Share community, so I'm set up to receive MapShare updates from other people
  • I've created a custom menu for my TomTom (mainly to give myself the Itinerary Planning function), but this doesn't have anything to do with my confusion, because removing the custom menu file from my TomTom does not restore the missing Map Share buttons

Can anyone suggest why my Map Correction buttons are missing?

:confused:

Thanks,

Steve

main screen>right arrow>map corrections>correction preferences

choose mapshare preferences>done>done>show report button

the map corrections marking button will now be on your main screen.

OK, we're getting warmer

main screen>right arrow>map corrections>correction preferences

choose mapshare preferences>done>done>show report button

the map corrections marking button will now be on your main screen.

I don't have a "Correction preferences" button. Under "Map corrections", my only choices are "Download a map", "Delete a map", "Download free map corrections", and "Switch map".

Obviously, since I don't have a "Correction preferences" button, I also don't have access to a "Mapshare preferences" button.

Any suggestions?

that's strange. my unit is a one and the menu is as above.

did you check under the "download free map corrections"...there might be a submenu there?

no submenu

that's strange. my unit is a one and the menu is as above.

did you check under the "download free map corrections"...there might be a submenu there?

Nope, there's no submenu under "download free map corrections". I think my problem must have something to do with my use of a custom menu. I'll post the solution once I stumble across it....

Not quite

Ah, yes, the custom menu. you can probably re-organize that to include what you need.

I believe that I won't be able to add the Map Share menus I want to a custom menu. Something about the Map Share buttons not being included in the latest Software Development Kit (SDK).

The solution I'll be playing with tonight is to delete my custom menu .mnu file in order to gain access to the TomTom's default menu buttons. Then I'll turn on the Map Share functionality, after which I'll install the custom menu .mnu file again.

I'm fairly optimistic that this will work....

Ask a Question