Can't Correct Map For Dead-end

TomTom Model(s)
go 510
On Saturday mornings I take my two boys yard-saling. We go pretty deep into some residential areas and I really don't pay much attention driving in as I have my trusty GPS but. . . On two different occasions in two different neighborhoods I have been on a road that just dead-ends into woods while TomTom shows the road continuing to another street. I marked them for future correction but when I try to correct them I don't find a suitable correction. I can mark the roads as NO ENTRANCE or NO EXIT but not both. is there a solution??

You could use the map corrections option to "change turn restrictions"...Update the dead end road that that it can't turn any direction on the street it doesn't actually connect to. Update the "other" street so that it can't turn onto the dead end street.

If the map shows the dead end street incorrectly continuing past the cross street, use map corrections to block that non-existent road segment in both directions.

BTW: If memory serves me...my TT One XL-S did not have the ability to "change turn restrictions" until I upgraded it to vs. 8.010.

On Saturday mornings I take my two boys yard-saling. We go pretty deep into some residential areas and I really don't pay much attention driving in as I have my trusty GPS but. . . On two different occasions in two different neighborhoods I have been on a road that just dead-ends into woods while TomTom shows the road continuing to another street. I marked them for future correction but when I try to correct them I don't find a suitable correction. I can mark the roads as NO ENTRANCE or NO EXIT but not both. is there a solution??
Is there any way to select the portion of road past the end, and make it a closed road? That's what I would do.

You use the mapshare option '(un)block street'
depending how the street runs, you need to unselect the path it runs.

For example, if the street runs north and south, the options on the mapshare you will see are: northbouth and southbound. If the street ends northbound, then press where it says 'northbound' and the street will be blocked.

Ask a Question