Can't config WM6.1 phone to provide GPRS to TT730

TomTom Model(s)
GO 730
Greetings,
I have successfully linked my Windows Mobile 6.1 phone (Mwg Zinc II) to my TT730 via Bluetooth, and can do all the voice-type functions through the TT.
However, when I try to configure TT Traffic Service through the phone, TT (and HOME) come back with a message like "This phone does not appear to have a GPRS/wireless connection..."
The GPRS functions in the phone also works fine... I it for browsing and email without problem.
It seems like I need to be able to set GPRS always on (vs. on-demand, like IE usage) or find out how to configure the machines to establish a GPRS connection on demand (i.e. when TT wants to download traffic data).
Carrier is T-Mobile, and their help group hasn't been able to come up with anything.
Any ideas, please?

The WM 6,1 doesn't have the Bluetooth DUN profile which is needed to communicate with the TomTom, instead your phone is loaded with the PAN profile which doesn't work. If you had a HTC phone I know of a way to add the missing BT profile but the same fix doesn't work on the Zinc-II, I have tried beacause I have a Zinc-II and would like to have been able to use it for data with the TT, but AFAIK its not possible - Mike

Mike,
ARGH! That's disapointing! Hope a hack shows up somewhere. I've sent the issue to MWg. Maybe they'll have something.
I had heard a rumor that the Zinc was actually made by HTC, but apparently even if that's true, there's a difference somewhere or your BT profile might have worked. ARGH again.
Thanks for your input.
Staying hopeful a hack will show up!
~Bryan

Zinc-II wasn't made by HTC and worse news is that the outfit that made the phone have gone bust, so support for issues like this or new ROM builds are none existant - My Zinc-II will be given to my eleven year old daughter in the next week or so as I no longer need it, but hopefully she will get a few months use from it - Mike

Bryan, the CAB file mentioned in the link is only for the HTC based devices, if you want a copy of it let me know as I have it on my PC and can tell you it doesn't work on the Zinc-II - Mike

Mike,
Yeah, I tried it too... no go. Ergh!
Hoping maybe some tweaker can do some mods and get it to work.
In the MSDN Forum, MS has been well chastised for pulling the DUN support out, and they have /said/ they'll have it available again in the future. But, it would likely be an option, so the device mfg's may chose not use it.
Given the apparent plight of MWg, it doesn't look like we're going to see a critical user mass to goad anyone into addressing this device. I've already started to look elsewhere. T-Mobile here in the US has zero Smarphones on their compatibility list.(!).
Please post if you hear some news!
~Bryan

Ask a Question