Can't change to computer voice

I have the computer voice Susan on my device. TThome said it was. Yet I cannt find it when I go to change voices .
Any recomendations?

I have the computer voice Susan on my device. TThome said it was. Yet I cannt find it when I go to change voices .
Any recomendations?

Perhaps, use Home to remove the computer voice and then use Home again to reinstall.

Or, try a pin reset.

I have experienced exactly the same problem with "Dave". Just vanished. Tried to re-activate through the computer, with no success. Disconnected the TomTom, and tried again through the touch screen, and Dave was there! Don't know why, but al is good again.

I have experienced exactly the same problem with "Dave". Just vanished. Tried to re-activate through the computer, with no success. Disconnected the TomTom, and tried again through the touch screen, and Dave was there! Don't know why, but al is good again.

Unfortunately, more and more posts are appearing where, for no reason, the computer voice gets 'lost' when the unit is not connected to the computer. This activity appears to be random and it seems to be with users who have upgraded to firmware 7.481.

Another bug, maybe. :mad:

firm ware 7481

Unfortunately, more and more posts are appearing where, for no reason, the computer voice gets 'lost' when the unit is not connected to the computer. This activity appears to be random and it seems to be with users who have upgraded to firmware 7.481.

Another bug, maybe. :mad:

I lost computer voices, and my cell phone connectivity with the fw upgrade before 7481.
I am still working with it after the fw upgrd to7481. Just upgraded yesterday when working on my other issues.
My TT is a 920 and says this on the tt's screen when connected to tthome. But tthome " operate my go" now says 720 and it seems like some menu items are missing. I will try to narrow down what is missing.
Sounds like they need more testing before releases.
What is the feedback channel to TT for problems and bugs like this? Do they read these forums and test?

I have a 920T that I'm returning (to buy a 920, since TMC doesn't work well were I am), so I decided to try the 7.481 firmware upgrade. At startup I now get a message telling me "Warning: The voice you selected in not available." If I press Continue (the only option), I'm presented with the Select a voice screen, where Female Computer (Susan, English US) is shown, I press Test and everything appears fine, and I select the voice. When I restart, I go through the same procedure all over again.

I called TomTom support about this as was told "I wouldn't worry about it too much" by the CSR. I wouldn't worry about it too much either if it belonged to somebody else. Until that call I had nothing but good things to say about TT support.

Needless to say, I have no plans to update (notice I didn't say upgrade) my 920 to the 7.481 firmware.

I had to update my 920 to 7.481 today today, and again I got the same problem with my Susan voice. I had to install Home 2.3 before I could download a valid replacement, after removing the original via Home 2.2. The problem appeared twice since then, but seems have since gone away (for now).

I lost computer voices, and my cell phone connectivity with the fw upgrade before 7481.
I am still working with it after the fw upgrd to7481. Just upgraded yesterday when working on my other issues.
My TT is a 920 and says this on the tt's screen when connected to tthome. But tthome " operate my go" now says 720 and it seems like some menu items are missing. I will try to narrow down what is missing.
Sounds like they need more testing before releases.
What is the feedback channel to TT for problems and bugs like this? Do they read these forums and test?

Today I confirmed today with TT Support that when you "Operate my Go" you're running an emulator that accesses the data stored on your Go, but the application is actually running on your PC - as opposed to the alternative of remotely controlling your Go. It's entirely possible that some of the functionality of the Go is not duplicated in the emulator.

I suggested (and apparently wasn't the first to do so) that since the "Operate my Go" app is actually running on the PC, why not make it a full-screen app. This would be great for planning purposes. Even without the Itinerary Planner present in the current emulator, I would still appreciate a full-screen version.

A full screen would be usefull when travelling and charting with the TT connected to the laptop. My magellan does this and it is usefull when travelling to have a large screen.

Now mine kills the voice when I have a 2 gb sd card inserted.
With the card out I can get Susan the computer voice, and the cell connectivity is back.
But without the card I don't have much music capacity.

Last edited:

Ask a Question