Can't change car symbol

Jen

TomTom Model(s)
Go 720
Hello,

Perhaps someone can help me, I used to be able to change the car icon on my 720 and it has now flipped back to the default blue arrow. I set it back to the Saloon car and it does nothing. I checked to make sure the art file with cars folder has not been deleted and it's still there but won't accept my change for some reason. Any ideas??

Thanks

if you want you can download http://www.ozpoi.com/Change_tomtom_go_&_one_car_symbol.html i know yours does it on 720 should be able to just change.if not you could look on this page for some answers.

Thanks I will look into that. If not I was thinking of just doing a reset which seems to work for alot of unknown problems such as this. The thing I hate about a reset is then I have to reload all my favorites again and interary. It's a pain!

Thanks again;)

Thanks I will look into that. If not I was thinking of just doing a reset which seems to work for alot of unknown problems such as this. The thing I hate about a reset is then I have to reload all my favorites again and interary. It's a pain!

Thanks again;)

You may want to download and run the Clear Flash tool from tomtom's site; supposedly, one of its uses is for units where settings don't 'take'.

Here's a link:
http://www.tomtom.com/support/index.php?FID=6211&Lid=4

Thanks Jen,
I had the same problem! It drove me nuts. Glad to find an answer very quickly!

Oops! I guess the car view only works in 3D map, which I didn't know until I visited the TomTom help site. Guess I should've done that first. :)

Last edited:

Ask a Question