Cannot use map after restore

(I thought I did a good thing by backing up my ONE every so often. I wish I had known that I couldn't use my backed up map with my "repaired" ONE).

My ONE just decided to stop powering up a month ago and I sent it in for warranty service. I received a different unit back from "repair" and wanted to restore my 11/14 backup to it. When the HOME software informed me there were no backups I did some digging and found the BackupInfo.ini file and edited it with the serial number of the new unit.

Well, this time the restore worked but now I get "You cannot use this map on this device: USA_and_Canada". I had no idea the maps were keyed to work with a particular device. Is there a way I can get my unit working again w/o sending it back to TT?

Indeed maps ARE locked to a specific device when first installed. You'll need to call Support for assistance in the matter: 866-486-6866.

Ask a Question