cannot turn on tom tom rider

I recently purchased a refurbished tomtom rider. worked for two day and then would not turn on. They sent me another one and it will not turn on. Charged on 110 v charger, still no luck. held on button for 20 seconds, still will not burn on. This is the second one they sent me. beginning to think it is something I am doing. Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to TTF. I've moved your thread to the Rider forum for more visibility.

Quick question.... Can you say exactly what version of the Rider you have (There's the original "Rider", the "Rider 2", the "Urban Rider" and the "Rider Pro" (the last two not available in the US)

I only ask because you say that you've tried holding the power button down for 20 seconds (presumably to do a reset).

But the Rider and Rider 2 don't do their reset like that... there's a dedicated reset button on the bottom.
It's buried inside a small hole and you need something like an unbent paper-clip to press it.

Power Switch Problems

I can't turn on my Rider 1 with fingers or thumbnail. Use the edge of a key or a coin and press hard enough to make it turn on. If not sure about the battery charge, plug it in to start:thumb:

Ask a Question