Cannot link 2 devices to one account

I own 2 TomTom devices, when i updated my older Tomtom i had to relink it to my current TomTom Account. Fine no problem. Now when i try to update my current TomTom it says i can only changed linked devices every 6 months. Maybe that warning should have popped up when I update the first one. I would have created a new account for the old device. Now i am worried about losing my lifetime maps on my newer device if i create a new account. Also i don't want a new one.

Why am i being punished for having 2 TomTom devices?

Also i am still waiting for a call back about a ticket for my live traffic not working from July. Not saying the forum can help just venting

Call CS at 866-486-6866 and sort it out with them; namely, a separate account for each devise. It's the way TomTom operates and there is no way around it.

Make sure the LIVE model has its account set up properly with the Serial number of the appropriate device associated with the account.

. . . Also i am still waiting for a call back about a ticket for my live traffic not working from July. Not saying the forum can help just venting

Glad you are in process of getting your accounts sorted out!

Sorry to hear about your traffic ticket . . . but, I'm just kinda wondering, and perhaps I've got it wrong, but are you thinking that somehow you can get TomTom to accept some responsibility for your ticket??

I'm sorry my wording made that confusing. I should have said a CUSTOMER SERVICE ticket about my Live Traffic services!

Agreed a traffic ticket would be on me

Do not associate the 2nd device with the same email account as for the first. Set up a separate account.

@Jiri
The second email address doesn't really need to be 'real', either, just unique -- including anyone else that might be using it! Your ISP may well allow for more than one email address for an account (e.g., Comcast, which allows for up to either six or eight, as I recall).

Ask a Question