Cannot find/play mp3's in my 910

Hi,

I have had a 910 for quite some time, although I never used all of the functionality. I used it occasionally and it worked fine, til last summer I was using it and left it in the glovebox a couple times and it got fairly hot. Then when I tried using it, it started doing all sorts of goofy, crazy stuff like randomly playing demo mp3's and getting off track of the roads I was on, and constantly making new routes while I was driving, again, randomly.

So, I put it away figuring it was bricked after I got a new 920 for Xmas. Then, I was updating my 920 and thought maybe if I do the update on the 910 it might make it work again. Well I tried that, and it does appear, for now, to be functioning normally. But...

I tried putting some mp3's on it via MS Explorer (put them in the mp3 folder), but the jukebox will not find them. First I tried with them a folder, then I put them all in the mp3 directory alone and deleted the album folder, but no luck. It will find only the demo songs, but not any of the new mp3 songs I put on. Is the jukebox program possibly corrupted? I'm not sure what else to do.

Thanks for any help.

mp3 files must be in a folder called mp3 (all lower case) and in the correct mp3 format.

Lol. I just turned on view file extensions to check, and there I had put wma files on it...

Ughh. Gotta remember not to mix and match with this old timer. Crap, and that was Eagles Greatest Hits. :)

Well, I tried some other definitely mp3 files and it picked them right now. Holy Oversight Batman! :eek:

Thanks for you help!

Ask a Question