Cannot download safety cameras. help.

I'll be curious to hear if the update also works correctly now that you have a functional set on your unit again.

If not, well, here's a more recent load for you that brings you up to date. Do exactly what you did with it last time. Zip attached.

Boy you're gonna hate me but these latest files actually disabled the cameras from showing up on my device. When i click on "tom tom Services" on my gps at the bottom the user name says unknown" and when i pass by safety cameras that have been there a while no alert goes off at all.

Im wondering what is different this time. I followed the same instructions for these files.
Later on I will try the original files again and revert back. I dont recall if i was logged into Home at the time when i transferred the files but i would think it doesn't matter.

That's strange. It's the same set of files as before, just a more recent set.

Yes, try the set I sent you the first time to see if that sets things right again. Before you do, under services (on your unit), log in again with your original email username and password. I don't think they're related issues, but if your unit has 'forgotten' who you are, that might explain a whole lot of your problem.

That's strange. It's the same set of files as before, just a more recent set.

Yes, try the set I sent you the first time to see if that sets things right again. Before you do, under services (on your unit), log in again with your original email username and password. I don't think they're related issues, but if your unit has 'forgotten' who you are, that might explain a whole lot of your problem.

i really have no explanation as to why it worked the first time and why it wont now. I have a question although its probably unrelated. If you go to click on tom tom services on your gps, just before you do does it say "username anonymous" at the bottom of the gps? im sure it doesn't have anything to do with it, just curious.

for giggles i was thinking maybe if i brought my gps to work and tried to update it would hit a different server. nope. but at least it was worth a shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, my unit does NOT say "anonymous". I don't have my 720 handy at the moment, and am trying to recall if there is any benefit to providing your correct email address and password to a 720 now that Plus services are defunct.

No, my unit does NOT say "anonymous". I don't have my 720 handy at the moment, and am trying to recall if there is any benefit to providing your correct email address and password to a 720 now that Plus services are defunct.

but whats strange is i can log into the software no problem go figure. oh well.

figured i would update this thread just to say im willing to bet the issue wont EVER be resolved even though they(tom tom support) said it will be. With it being this long maybe its just something to do with my old unit. If i didnt already have the mounting hardware and cradle for 2 bikes id probably scrap the tom tom in favor of something different but the safety cameras are not enough for me to do that i would say.

Ask a Question