Cannot d/l new Computer Voices

TomTom Model(s)
ONE 3rd Edition
I just got my TomTom ONE 3rd edition last week and I can't download additional Computer Voices. When I go into TomTom Home and select Computer Voices it says none are available. There are Recorded Voices available but no Computer Voices. I submitted an incident online and went back and forth with TT Customer Services, uninstalled, reinstalled, reset the flash on the device (3x), etc, with no resolution. And they won't even admit it must be a bug in their software :(

Worse, they closed my ticket this morning due to lack of response on my part even though I had responded 30 minutes after their last update on Saturday afternoon. Needless to say they didn't get a high rating on the Customer Satisfaction Survey.....

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks!
dawn

If you look at the comparison chart here, it shows the TT One 3rd edition does NOT have text to speech (look at the 'speaks street names). And that is why you can't dl computer voices for that model. Sorry.

My mistake, I actually have the TT ONE 130-S which does support Text-to-Speech. I tried it, it comes pre-installed with "Tom" and he can say the street names just fine. On the bottom of the device it says TomTom ONE 3rd edition, that was my confusion. I had to pull the box out to double-check.

I just wanted something other then "Tom" and I've read about other Computer Voices but can't seem to download them.

thanks!
dawn

I know the lower end models (such as yours) uses a different company for its computer voices (Vocalizer) whereas the higher end Go models have more choice using the Loquendo voices.

It may be a space issue on your unit. If you use Home to move the computer voice to the computer (don't just delete it!), can you dl other computer voices then?

Is this what I get for buying the cheap one? :D I'll give that a try, thanks for the suggestion.

The odd thing is, when I go to Add New Voices and select Recorded Voices, there are 10+ pages of options. But when I select Computer Voices it says there are none available :(

Ask a Question