Cannot copy glgps

TomTom Model(s)
XL IQ Routes
Hi,

I have a Tomtom XL IQ Routes. I bought a new map yestoday and tried to make a update without success. And finally, I try to do a backup with explorer (my first backup), it said Cannot copy glgps, the file or the directory is corrupted or unreadable.

But I backuped all other files by following the backup instruction. What can I do now?

The machine doesn't boot right now.

What can I do?

Thank you.

Guangjun

Never mind. The update was successful a couple of minutes ago. I'm doing a full backup now.

Let us know if that glgps file backs up. It's important to the operation of your unit. It comes from the "bin" folder. However, it's something that can be readily replaced if necessary.

Another problem with the last backup. Cannot copy MapServerPatch: The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable.

What to do?

:mad:

The glgps came back with the success of update. But the full backup failed with the file MapServerPath. Is the memory card damaged?

When I reconnect to the PC, I got the following error:

ERROR: HomeBase/IO: Error reading file: K:\USA_Canada_and_Mexico_P\MapServerPatch.dat
@ .\portable\cfile.cpp(1944)
in .\portable\cfile.cpp:1944
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/logic/errorListener.js:16
error(e);
1. chrome://tthome/content/logic/util.js:383
func();

Time: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 04:12:35 GMT

Can't say this sounds very good. Things seem to be just randomly becoming impossible to read. You don't have a 'memory card' in your unit - wish that you could install one in the event that your internal memory really is going bad, but there's no card slot on an XL IQRoutes, either.

There's some chance that your cable is causing the problem, or that your USB is getting flaky on your PC. Or ...

By any chance are you trying to do all of this over a wireless connection?

If you're not working wireless, by any chance to you have a different USB cable, and further, is this a desktop? If so, try a rear USB port instead of front. Then attempt the full copy again, but this time to a different location on your PC (in case we're also seeing any file corruption, we get two chances). Most important is your USA_Canada_and_Mexico_P folder from your unit. One clean copy of that and we can manage almost anything that isn't dead hardware. Don't fuss over the MapServerPatch.dat file. That's only the MapShare data... but on the whole, it's the most important folder on your unit!

I don't use wireless between tomtom and pc.
Yes, it's desktop.
Yes, I tried with another USB cable.
Yes, I tried with rear USB port.
I tried with 3 different PC.
I still can't copy MapServerPatch.dat

I can't update the Map as long as I have a problem with the internal memory.

Is it safe to just delete the file if possible? Never tried yet.

Is it safe to just delete the file if possible? Never tried yet.
If it comes to that, definitely. As I noted earlier "Don't fuss over the MapServerPatch.dat file. That's only the MapShare data." My concern is that it's just the latest of several files that have become unreadable at one point or another, and if your backup is like most, it STOPS when it finds a file it can't handle, so none of the files after that are copied. If MapServerPatch.dat happens to be the ONLY problem file at the moment, then yes, nuke it. You'll get new MapShare info to replace it later.

Ask a Question