Cannot add to your Tomtom

TomTom Model(s)
possibly a XXL 540TM
The title of this thread is the message I get when trying to send an address from google maps to my TT device.

I have a feeling this does not work due to the version combination of all my devices. This is why I'am thinking this?

The ?Operate my XXL Screen? in TTH flashes up a page exactly the same as the screen 53 seconds into this Google/Tomtom youtube vid. YouTube - TomTom and Google Maps So I am inclined to believe that the error from my ?Operate my XXL screen? in TTH is the issue why I cant send Google info to my 540tm.

The error I get from my ?Operate my XXL screen? says [functionality is not yet supported for your combination of navigation device, your devices application version, and your computers operating system].

So is there anybody out there that can send Google addresses to their 540 running a 9.061 app using a Vista OS?

The Operate My XXL functionality isn't working yet. You can follow the steps here as a workaround until Tomtom fixes the problem.

Make sure you backup per this link first.

If I understand properly, the thread you referenced alludes to App 9.058 being a work around solution where the Operate my XXL capability functions.

The issue I have is 9.058 causes my screen to flicker/roll. My unit will not operate with it and I end up having to revert to my out of box App 9.061.

The issue I have is 9.058 causes my screen to flicker/roll. My unit will not operate with it and I end up having to revert to my out of box App 9.061.
It's a "yes, but" situation. The version of 9.058 being offered in that thread isn't exactly the same 9.058 that is offered to you through TT Home. The 9.058 referenced in that thread was actually built for the GO series (e.g., GO740). For some reason, it seems to be playing happily on XXL540 units as well. If you do the full backup first, it's certainly worth a try. You can always copy everything back if it doesn't fly. Until such time as TomTom produces a build beyond 9.061 that functions correctly, it may be your best bet. Seems to have worked for a number of XXL540 users, and so far, we've had zero issues with it. We're not all sure why that is, but never look a gift horse... as they say.

Ask a Question