CanI update from OneXL to iQ

Hi all. I have a tomtom OneXL. Is it possible to update it to the IQ version( from tt.jpg to ttiq.jpg below) which has better maps (trees, road lanes etc)

thanks Alan

from tt.jpg to ttiq.jpg

Attachments

• ttiq.jpg
    ttiq.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 354
  • tt.jpg
    tt.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 344
The One XL isn't capable of having either IQ routing or Advance Lane Guidance. The XL IQRoutes models (Regional and Europe) do have the functionality.

It's not just a case of a different application and map, it's a hardware issue where your model comes with 32 megs of ram but the IQ models need and have 64 megs.

Sorry.

The One XL isn't capable of having either IQ routing or Advance Lane Guidance. The XL IQRoutes models (Regional and Europe) do have the functionality.

It's not just a case of a different application and map, it's a hardware issue where your model comes with 32 megs of ram but the IQ models need and have 64 megs.

Sorry.

I'm a newbie to this .. but was curious when I saw your post so checked my XL IQ Routes details ...

My IQ appears to only have 32 MB RAM - or am I looking at the wrong thing?

Attachments

• tomtom.jpg
    tomtom.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 337
Just realised I'm conversing with a hammers fan ...

:-(

This is painful for a reds fan.

Well done on Sunday.

Just realised I'm conversing with a hammers fan ...

:-(

This is painful for a reds fan.

Well done on Sunday.

Cheers mate.

aniother question...
I bought a new Xl IQ routes so my question is can i download post codes for shops...what i mean is could i download the whole Tesco shop post codes in one go. I do a lot of camping and being able to find the nearest supermarket/Halfords etc would be good but i dont really want to do them all individually.

Nope, your model does have 32 megs of ram, as I said.

Yes, but he (IanH, not hammerfan) DOES have an IQ Routes version according to his screenshot.

My XL IQ Routes edition has 64MB, but its an "S" version with TTS.which might make the difference.

Last edited:

Ask a Question