Canary Islands map will it work on One (30 series)

TomTom Model(s)
One (30 Series)/125/130 (512 MB) and XXL Classic - 2GB TTS
I have a TT One (30 series) that I would like to use in Lanzarote. TT have an Eastern Atlantic Islands - Single Map(v8.80) 10.3 MB but it includes IQ routes which my unit does not have.

Would this map work on the One and if so how would you get the Canary island map to work. I have the UK and Ireland on my machine but I have enough spare space to download the map. Has anyone used these maps Joe

Hi Andy_P and canderson my unit serial letters PV shows my unit is a ONE (30 Series) / 125 / 130 512MB (TT One ver 8) After entering PV in the map page it took me to the following map for the Canary Islands as I want to use the satnav on Lanzarote

Eastern Atlantic Islands - Single Map(v8.80)

10.3 MB

Map covering the Canary Islands, Azores and Madeira

• IQ Routes™ speed profiles give you the fastest route any time of day.
  • 36 000 Points of Interest
  • over 42 000 km / over 26 000 miles
My query is it contains IQ Routes. Since my unit is the basic ONE (30 Series) / 125 / 130 512MB and not the TT One IQ Routes will the map work on my unit.

I only have one map UK + Ireland how do you switch between maps. I have enough room on my unit for both maps (257MB free space) Joe

Strange that canderson and I were BOTH offered a slightly larger version yesterday, when we entered "ONE 30 series" in the web-form, but now I'm being offered the 10.3MB one instead, like you.

Odd also that if you enter the "PV" from your serial number, it thinks that's a |"ONE", and not a "ONE 30 Series".

But if that's the map suggested for your unit you should have nothing to worry about.... it will just ignore the IQ data.

To switch maps you go to the "switch maps" item in the Preferences/Settings menu (not surprisingly!)
If you do it now, you'll see the UK map listed.
If you do it after installing the Canaries map, you'll see both there.

Hi Andy_P as a double check I have e-mailed Tomtom. I will let you know what their response is. Are there a lot of benefits to upgrading to a Tomtom One IQ routes bearing in mind that I don't do a lot of motorway driving apart from holidays. Joe

PS Thanks for the info about changing maps

IQ Routes is probably more use in cities during rush hours, as it knows which roads are affected at busy times.

Hi Andy_P and canderson my unit serial letters PV shows my unit is a ONE (30 Series) / 125 / 130 512MB (TT One ver 8)
I'm with Andy on this one. PV shouldn't have shown your unit as a ONE30, it's just a ONE, 512M and no TTS. PO and PP would indicate a ONE 30, and those units came with either 1GB or 2GB of memory.

That said (Andy), they both show the same platform ID and firmware, so there's probably little difference between them apart from memory and the mount. They may not distinguish between them for some reason.

Thanks for all the help. On tomtom's webpage it shows PV as One (30 Series) 125/130. On the map page it shows PV as One 512 MB. Tomtom's reply:- I understand that the IQ routes feature is not available on your device, then also you can use this map.

Now all I have to do is fix a date and book the holiday hopefully the end of Feb.

After further review of the somewhat muddled ONE series serial prefix list ...

PV =
ONE (ONE (30 Series) / 125 / 130 512MB)

So what takes you to Lanzarote in the first place? That moonscape is home to a few camel rides and (amazingly) a vineyard of sorts, but it's not exactly at the top of my list of places to which I'd return (I'd take Tenerife any day!)?

Hi canderson we have been to Lanzarote a couple of times and hired a car before. Quite often when driving there you get very little warning of turns that's why I wanted to use the satnav. We just like the island though we are considering southern Tenerife Found a good thread on another site about entering Spanish addresses from 2009 though I presume the information is still vald. http://www.yourtomtom.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t13086.html PS Glad we have finally nailed my model number. Why do TT have to make it, IMHO, so difficult.

Ask a Question