Canadian Speed Traps & Cameras

TomTom Model(s)
TT GO 720
Hi everyone,
I'm new to 720 and need help .
Anyone can help me to install Canadian Speed Traps & Cameras to my TT 720 please ?
I downloaded the file from here, please check it out :
http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=61154

Downloaded file from the link as above , it cames with 2 files for TOMTOM
and 3 icon but I don't know how to rename the ov2 file to make it work .
Could you give me an Example please ?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Here 2 files for TT :

1:Canada - Red Light Camera Locations-Tomtom.ov2
2:Canada - Speed Traps-TomTom.ov2
For the Icon , do I need to copy and paste to the map folder too ?

Thanks.

Hi everyone,
I'm new to 720 and need help .
Anyone can help me to install Canadian Speed Traps & Cameras to my TT 720 please ?
I downloaded the file from here, please check it out :
http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=61154

Downloaded file from the link as above , it cames with 2 files for TOMTOM
and 3 icon but I don't know how to rename the ov2 file to make it work .
Could you give me an Example please ?
Here 2 files for TT :

1:Canada - Red Light Camera Locations-Tomtom.ov2
2:Canada - Speed Traps-TomTom.ov2
For the Icon , do I need to copy and paste to the map folder too ?

Thanks.

In the file you downloaded, it seems there are 3 different .bmp files. Extract the first one, the one named EXACTLY the same as the .ov2 file (the other 2 .bmps have numbers in their file names) and use Explorer to copy the 2 .ov2 files you list and the extracted .bmp file directly into the specific map folder (North America?). It appears there is no associated .bmp file with the Speed Trap .ov2 file so it'll appear as a red block on the map.

Also, you may want to associate an audible warning to the Red Light poi (and maybe the speed trap as well).

How is that done?

Once you copy the files to the map folder, start your unit up.

Change Preferences-->page 2 (Manage poi's)-->Warn when near poi-->in the next screen, scroll down to the new Red Light item.

In the next screen, you type the number of meters away from the item you want to be warned (depending upon the speed you normally drive, maybe 100 is a good value. You can always change it later). Click 'ok'

In the next screen, you select a sound. As soon as you select one, it'll play so you can hear it and you are given a choice to select it or not. If you select it, you are done, if not... you get to select another one.

In the file you downloaded, it seems there are 3 different .bmp files. Extract the first one, the one named EXACTLY the same as the .ov2 file (the other 2 .bmps have numbers in their file names) and use Explorer to copy the 2 .ov2 files you list and the extracted .bmp file directly into the specific map folder (North America?). It appears there is no associated .bmp file with the Speed Trap .ov2 file so it'll appear as a red block on the map.

Also, you may want to associate an audible warning to the Red Light poi (and maybe the speed trap as well).

How is that done?

Once you copy the files to the map folder, start your unit up.

Change Preferences-->page 2 (Manage poi's)-->Warn when near poi-->in the next screen, scroll down to the new Red Light item.

In the next screen, you type the number of meters away from the item you want to be warned (depending upon the speed you normally drive, maybe 100 is a good value. You can always change it later). Click 'ok'

In the next screen, you select a sound. As soon as you select one, it'll play so you can hear it and you are given a choice to select it or not. If you select it, you are done, if not... you get to select another one.

Thx dhn .
I'm going to test it soon and I'll let you know if it works .

Another question :
I just installed new map (V810.1907 ) yesterday
When I try to set up my Home location TT don't let me type in my House number , It lets me type in only street name and City .
It said House number is not available .
I lived here for 2 years .
My friend had Garmin and he has no problem with that .

That's TT problem or the New map (V810 ) ?

It's a mapping problem.

Just use the icon to set current location as Home. In fact, there are those who specifically do not put their actual address in, in case the unit is stolen.

Often, they'll set 'Home' about a block away for that reason .... the assumption being the user can get home from there without a gps. :p

sound from a TomTom device over the car stereo

OK dhn

How can use the built-in FM transmitter to transmit music from TomTom GO to my car stereo ?
I mean, I need my car stereo receives the sound as an FM radio signal just like it does from a radio station.
It would be nice if my car stereo can receives the sound when I'm playing MP3 on my Go .

Thanks,

Ask a Question