Canadian Map Subscription

TomTom Model(s)
ONE XLS
Hello Everyone:
I done a search on Canadian map subscription but couldn't find much info. Sorry if it has been posted previously and I missed it.
What I am wondering is, has anyone been able to get the "offered" mapping subscription in Canada?
I have a One XLS and have spoken to 2 different front line TomTom people as well as a supervisor. All 3 have told me that the subscription is not available to me. They were all very apologitic, but doesn't help my mapping.
Presently I have the 815 map, but it still has a lot of missing and extremely old mapping for Alberta. I was hoping that with a subscription one might be able to have these areas corrected?
I am hoping that someone might be of assitance before I end up going to a totally different product.
Please accept my thanks in advance for any help.
Garry

The Go series with the North America map has a subscription. I bought into it.

If the people at TomTom are telling you there is no subscription for the map you have, which I presume is USA&Canada, I'd be surprised, to tell you the truth.

Are you offered a subscription when you log into TomTom? Set your country as US when you do. Then go to the maps menu choice.

Hello dhn:
Thanks for the reply.
Yes, my map is Canadian/USA.
What I was wanting from TomTom was the ability to get the annual map subscription. According to my TomTom home when I connect my unit and click on the message in the top right hand corner is that I would need 1 update and then the annual subscription. That comes to about 45 euros.
When I spoke to the TomTom people is when I was told that the Canada "store" was not operating, They didn't know when it would operate. Consequently I could not purchase this subscription.
They said if I had someone in the US that would purchase the subscription and then send me the access code, I would then be ok. I would need a US address?? As a Canadian, I am SOL!!
It gets very frustrating after a while.
I'll try the method you suggested and hope it works??
Garry

They are nuts! I bought the subscription.......you are charged in euros, mind you.

Go through the purchase process.........

You will have to pay to get from USA/Can 815 to USA/Can 825. Then you pay for 4 more maps over the course of the next year.

You should receive a confirming email from TomTom to the email account you set up with them. You should also receive a pdf invoice in a second email. Keep them both.

The Canadian map store has ALWAYS been down.....:mad:

The lunatics have once more taken over the TomTom asylum. :rolleyes:

Garry - unless you live in (and only drive in) one of the bigger cities in Alberta, the new map isn't any better for (the rest of) Alberta.

Alberta coverage is horrible and they don't seem to be in any rush to fix it. You're far better off with a unit that uses Navteq maps.

My go720 was a gift, so exchanging it wasn't an option for me, not sure what your situation is, but if I could I'd exchange for a Garmin or Magellan.

Ask a Question