Canada & Alaska vs. USA & Canada

Hi fellow Canadians,

Anyone using/bought Canada & Alaska? Does it supply you with more detail and accurate maps than the one (USA & Canada) that comes with TT One (XL)?

I read everywhere that local maps seem to be much more detailed (well... at least in Europe, they are) than global ones (e.g. "Western Europe") and was wondering if the same logic applies to the Canada/US & Canada pair o'maps.

Cheers.

Last edited:
The maps are always the same whether it's the full continent or regional maps (if you're comparing the same version number).

i.e it's basically a cut up portion of the continental map.

I don't believe that is true. It is if you are talking about the North America map, and the regional maps. But the USA&Canada map is not quite as detailed, and is not the "mother-map" that the regional ones are made from.

it's basically a cut up portion of the continental map.

No - at least in Europe, from what I've read elsewhere - it's not. Apparently the map for, say, France is more detailed than the map of France as part of "Western Europe". Weird...

I don't believe that is true. It is if you are talking about the North America map, and the regional maps. But the USA&Canada map is not quite as detailed, and is not the "mother-map" that the regional ones are made from.

Well ya if you're using the NA map, it's more detailed than the USA_and_Canada map for sure.

But do we know which map the regional ones are based off?

No - at least in Europe, from what I've read elsewhere - it's not. Apparently the map for, say, France is more detailed than the map of France as part of "Western Europe". Weird...

Interesting.... that is weird!

I believe I have read elsewhere on here that the regional ones are built off the NA maps... I have no first hand knowledge of this, though, so I may be totally incorrect.

Ask a Question