Can you say, "Bandwidth"?

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
Is it just me, or does anyone else feel that TomTom is running their web site server from a 56K dial-up modem?

I don't get it!

Nextourer's post was just an hour after mine, but I continued to have problems on the TT site after that.

This morning it took over 90 seconds to load www.tomtom.com (both times.) I've been on dozens of web sites this morning, and none took longer than 2 seconds.

Once I got on the TomTom site I clicked on "My TomTom". The first time it failed to load; the second time it took almost 2 minutes. When I clicked on "My Questions" I got an access denied error.

Can they block me from TomTom.com for asking too many questions?

LOL - that made me laugh! I think their site is just overwhelmed. I seriously doubt they would block you from asking too many questions! :D

I was having problems accessing the site earlier and just decided to give it another few days. I'm in no hurry but can understand the frustrations of people who need immediate assistance and can't get through.

Yeah, Fanchee, in my heart, I know a LOT of people got TomToms for Christmas and are really taxing the bandwidth on the TomTom servers.

OTOH I think they ought to consider an upgrade in bandwidth. Even three weeks ago the new map was a FIVE-HOUR download.

Would be better if they added p2p code to TomTom Home to shared files. They could offer discount coupons or free Plus service based on amount of data you share up.

With the increase in sales of the Tom Tom units I would think they could invest in an increase in support servers and bandwidth. Sometimes I think they are operating on the fly.:confused:

Members online

Latest resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BKE762

Latest Threads

Back