Can you program TT to always avoid a particular road?

TT seems to always want to take me through parts of town I would rather not drive through, especially at night. They may be the fastest route but they are not the safest. Can I program TT to always avoid these roads? I know I can use the "find alternative" option to avoid a road each time I plan a route but I would like to permanently program TT to always avoid these particular roads. Thanks!

If your device supports MapShare you can block the roads you don't want it to use, although you will have a lot of work if trying to block the device from driving through a specific area, if you do this please make sure you use the setting to NOT share your changes via Home otherwise everyone will end up with the roads blocked which isn't a good idea!

Another easier way is to plan the route then add a "Via" to the route in a location that forces the device to re-plan the route avoiding the area you don't want to go through (probably the quickest solution, but you would have to do it for every route you plan) - Mike

Ask a Question