Can you pair the Rider to any bluetooth headset?

TomTom Model(s)
Rider V2, OneLE, XXL540TM
I'm jumping from my TT700 to a Rider that will mount up to my bike and have some general questions for those times I choose to take the car.

Will the Rider pair to a Jabra headset forgoing the need to have the wired headset?

I'd love to get the parrot kit that fits my car (Mini Cooper) that makes the car bluetooth enabled for sound purposes since it seems the rider does not offer in-car spoken directions without a headset.

I'm jumping from my TT700 to a Rider that will mount up to my bike and have some general questions for those times I choose to take the car.

Will the Rider pair to a Jabra headset forgoing the need to have the wired headset?

I'd love to get the parrot kit that fits my car (Mini Cooper) that makes the car bluetooth enabled for sound purposes since it seems the rider does not offer in-car spoken directions without a headset.

I answered my own question this evening. I was ableto get my Jabra headset to pair with the Rider. This will allow meto use the Jabra headset while in the car. This also tells me that the unit will probably pair to any bluetooth headset or device.

I have a Blueant Supertooth II handsfree that pairs well with my RIDER.. I have also installed a Sony Ericcson bluetooth handsfree kit into my MINI COOPER S and it pairs with the RIDER as well so I reckon it would pair with the parrot headset too.... I have a mate who has the Parrot kit and he reckons it's pretty good although I haven't paired my RIDER with it..

Mick
Oz

I have a Blueant Supertooth II handsfree that pairs well with my RIDER.. I have also installed a Sony Ericcson bluetooth handsfree kit into my MINI COOPER S and it pairs with the RIDER as well so I reckon it would pair with the parrot headset too.... I have a mate who has the Parrot kit and he reckons it's pretty good although I haven't paired my RIDER with it..

Mick
Oz

Another MINI driver. I don't have an "S" but I do have a cabrio.

If you don't mind me asking, how much was the bluetooth for the car and does it use the MFSW controls?

I've looked at the kits on NAM and MINI2 and want to get one, but I just can't justify the added expense -vs- the benefits. In the cabrio, it's basically useless to use the cell phone with the windows and top down. If I put the windows up it's alright, but...

My son gave me the kit for Christmas.. It's about $190 AUD on Ebay. It doesn't use the MFSW controls though.. I would recommend it especially for the price...and if you have a Sony Ericsson phone.. It will work with any bluetooth phone..(and the RIDER) but it might not be able to access the phone's phonebook if it's a Nokia etc...

Check out this link for info.. This is the one that I have..ie SE HCB700.
Oh and you might have guessed I'm in Oz.. My MINI2 name is Magictux BTW...

Mick
Transfer - receipt

http://www.planetwireless.com.au/sony-ericsson-hcb700-bluetooth-car-kit-p-62.html

Another MINI driver. I don't have an "S" but I do have a cabrio.

If you don't mind me asking, how much was the bluetooth for the car and does it use the MFSW controls?

I've looked at the kits on NAM and MINI2 and want to get one, but I just can't justify the added expense -vs- the benefits. In the cabrio, it's basically useless to use the cell phone with the windows and top down. If I put the windows up it's alright, but...

Mick
Oz

Mick

Is that the BlueAnt SuperTooth II speaker? I have never been able to get mine to pair with the TT Rider - could you explain what you did to get the two of them talking to each other? Thanks

I have paired a Cardo Scala 600 bluetooth headset no no problem.

It's a standalone bluetooth speaker that I was having trouble pairing with the TT1 a while back. I have a BlueAnt BT speaker which works fine with my phone but I could never get the TT1 to pair with it. BT headphones seem to work more easily than the speakers do.

Not really an issue anymore as I have a 510 in the car and the most excellent TT2 on the bike.

Mick

Is that the BlueAnt SuperTooth II speaker? I have never been able to get mine to pair with the TT Rider - could you explain what you did to get the two of them talking to each other? Thanks
Question, the password for the Speaker, is it anything other than 0000? If so I might have an idea.

If you look at the file called MapSettings.cfg inside the USA_and_Canada directory, at the end of the file it lists the MAC ID, name, and 4 digit passcode. Make a backup copy of the file, then modify it to the MAC ID of your Speaker and also the correct 4 digit passcode, be it 1234, 1111, or whatever.

Last edited:
Liking that deal are we? LMAO...

:) :) :) It's amazing what a little customer service will do huh Thom? Beyond the replacement though, the TT2 just "seems" better thanthe TT1 to me as well.

By the way, I'm shopping for a car right now and the Mini Cooper S is on my list!

By the way, I'm shopping for a car right now and the Mini Cooper S is on my list!

Have you driven one? The "New" turbo's are supposed to be really nice (and get good mileage)... I'm not even going to test drive one (for fear of a spur of the moment purchase). If you're looking new, get the convenience package with the proximity key. It's sweet.

Here is an awesome resource... http://www.northamericanmotoring.com/

Thanks Thom. Excellent site! I haven't test driven one for about a year so am definitely out of date. I am supposed ;) to be holding off on this until my son gets his driver's license in February but am having trouble holding off:D

Question, the password for the Speaker, is it anything other than 0000? If so I might have an idea.

If you look at the file called MapSettings.cfg inside the USA_and_Canada directory, at the end of the file it lists the MAC ID, name, and 4 digit passcode. Make a backup copy of the file, then modify it to the MAC ID of your Speaker and also the correct 4 digit passcode, be it 1234, 1111, or whatever.

Good stuff Tom! I really have to play around with the TT2 and BT to see what issues (if any) there are. It looks like a number of people on th eforum have been having good luck with their "pairings" so it may have just been user-error on my part.

Thanks Thom. Excellent site! I haven't test driven one for about a year so am definitely out of date. I am supposed ;) to be holding off on this until my son gets his driver's license in February but am having trouble holding off:D

If you order now, you'll have the car for February. ;)

Ask a Question