can you change the TomTom Speedcam icons?

The Tomtom speedcam icon is in your map folder. (eg: Western_Europe or UK&ROI).

For the US, it's called "safety_cam_us_other_tomtom.bmp" Look for something similar for Europe.

The icons used to be contained in the active map folder but these days for Europe/ UK they are hard coded in to the application and for this reason they cannot be altered, I use a third party database which is updated more often and can have custom icons as POI files as well as spoken alerts to notify you of the type of camera and its associated speed, add to that the considerably better accuracy of the database from PocketGPSWorld.com and there really isn't a comparison to be made - Mike

The icons used to be contained in the active map folder but these days for Europe/ UK they are hard coded in to the application and for this reason they cannot be altered, I use a third party database which is updated more often and can have custom icons as POI files as well as spoken alerts to notify you of the type of camera and its associated speed, add to that the considerably better accuracy of the database from PocketGPSWorld.com and there really isn't a comparison to be made - Mike

Yeah, this sucks. I dont like how when there's a traffic liight camera it flashes up a 30mph limit warning. Why couldnt they give us a traffic light symbol?

Yeah, this sucks. I dont like how when there's a traffic liight camera it flashes up a 30mph limit warning. Why couldnt they give us a traffic light symbol?

Something's really weird then with Tomtom's UK cameras. We get the traffic light icon on traffic lights here in the US.

Ask a Question