can we use 4g sd card ?

TomTom Model(s)
Go 510
Hello guys

First thanks for this lovely forum.

Can we use 4g sd card and any normal sd will work fine ?
and by copying the files just copy /past from the old original SD card that came with the tomtom , will that work ?
i got a new tomtom GO 510 and think to get 4g SD card and want to copy what i have just with the card reader or the tomtom itself as i did a backup once with tomtomhome and once by copy/past files from tomtom as a removable disk

thanks and best regards
Philippe

There is a thread on Gpspassions (in French) about compatible 4G SD cards. Transcend 4G 150x sure works for the 510, as far as I can remember.

People,

Though a 4GB SD card should work OK, IIRC i think there are problems with 4GB SDHC cards, so be careful what you buy. The SDHC specification is slightly different and, I believe, not compatible.

People,

Though a 4GB SD card should work OK, IIRC i think there are problems with 4GB SDHC cards, so be careful what you buy. The SDHC specification is slightly different and, I believe, not compatible.

The SDHC uses a different file format however one of the mods are using a 4GB SDHC card for awhile now without any problems.

They will work, but AFAIK not all of the space is usable. IIRC, only the first 2GB is visible to the TT. Can the mod in question confirm that all 4GB is usable/visible?

It's battom who has the 4GB SDHC Sandisk card. I hope he can chime in and say whether it is all usuable or not.

I believe though that he uses that card specifically for MobilNova, not for navigation i.e. put Guam maps and use rest of the space for media.

Ask a Question