Can TomTom Home support two units

Yes, Home will support multiple devices as long as each device has its own e-mail address - Mike

Great. I also have a XL 350M which does not work poperly. I had to have a GPS quickly, so I got the 550. Which isn't as good as the 350 for me.

Thanks for the answer.

Wayne

... and if you've entered your account details (i.e. the email address) on the units themselves, Home will even automatically log you in with the correct account name when each unit is connected.
(That's another thing they haven't managed to sort out for the new models and the 'MyTomTom' program).

No application shows on device. Application on computer is not loadable to device. I can't find where to set the new email address. TomTom preferences shows that the folders for the device are for the other device. I am SO impressed with this software.

I'm confused by your reply...

What application on the device are you talking about?
The "Home" application stays on the PC, it doesn't get loaded onto the device.

You need to register the new unit and the new account name on the TomTom website.

As I said, once that is done Home will recognise which device you have got plugged into it.

The application on the XL350M. Also the unit only works when attached to the PC and Home. That is why I bought the XXL 550.

Do you want us to try to talk you through getting the 350 working again? It sounds fairly straightforward.

Or do you just want help registering the new 550?

The 550 is registered. I would like to get aqpplication 9.151 installed on the XL350M cause it is gone and wont come back the normal way. HELP!

Not sure what you've already tried as "the normal way".

Have you tried connecting to the PC, shutting down Home if it insists on starting up, and using Windows Explorer to delete all the "lose" file (i.e. only the files that are not in a folder,leave the folders alone).
Then run Home, and it should offer the latest software version.
If that's not the version you want, we can probably find a manual download link for it and walk you through installing it manually (but the Home method is easier if that gives you what you want).

Ask a Question