Can the xxl 550TM do voice commands

TomTom Model(s)
My wife picked up the XXL 550TM and gave me back my old 700 series TT (at least thats what I think it is, havent seen it in so long now). I remember there was a hack to get the 700 to do voice commands...does this exist

thanks

Does that unit have a microphone or offer handsfree for the Mobile phone? without the mic it certainly can't be moddified for voice control - Mike

Mike - The XXL550 doesn't have the mic - it's one of those that can be configured to manage volume based upon vehicle speed, not based upon ambient sound, and doesn't do hands-free. It's also one of those blasted "Easy Menu" models.

A GO 550 would do it, though.

Last edited:
Well then I am confused...if it doesnt have a mic, how does it reduce the volume automatically based on ambient sound option, and it appears to work as well.

Robm - As stated in the response by "canderson", it is based on vehicle speed, NOT ambient sound. No mic. Only GO Units have the ASR file required for voice commands and a mic for input.

Ask a Question