Can the ONE XL use OV2 / CSV Files?

Hey Guys,

Found a ONE XL locally for $65 used, and was wondering if it's a reasonable deal, and if this model can make use of the OV2 / CSV files?

Thanks in advance!

Craig

Yep, The ONE XL is a good one! It uses the OV2 files for POI's and there are plenty of ways to convert CSV files into the OV2 format. Less than $70 is a great deal (if it is in good shape).

Yep, The ONE XL is a good one! It uses the OV2 files for POI's and there are plenty of ways to convert CSV files into the OV2 format. Less than $70 is a great deal (if it is in good shape).

Thanks for replying 1XL.......

I just can't keep track of what models can do what so I was hoping someone with a unit would respond. Does 'Operate My Unit' work in your version of Home?

Yes, "Operate My Unit" does work from home, but I have intentionally not upgraded to the latest version of Home due to problems noted in these forums (still using 2.2.2.83). None of the 3rd party stuff can be run through Home either, but I really don't use Home that much any more.

More info...

Thanks guys! That was exactly what I was looking for.

Now another thing. I was talking with a SpeedCheetah rep yesterday. They make a little dashtop warning box, that monitors GPS and references an uploadable POI deal to warn you when you are coming within range of a fixed location speed camera. He stated that the alert capability of the TomTom to do something similar is not available in the US. Is that true? Do any of you guys have first hand experience with using this "Plus Service"?

From the TomTom website...

http://www.tomtom.com/plus/service.php?ID=8&l=4

With a TomTom Safety Camera subscription you can download the latest fixed safety camera databases. And to make it even easier, you only need one subscription to get the latest data in any supported country on your map. So, no matter where you are, you always get the most accurate safety camera alerts.

You can even report new or out-of-date safety camera locations directly to the server quickly and easily, either from your TomTom device (TomTom application version 6.0 or higher) or via the TomTom website.

To use the fixed safety camera location service you will need the following:

A TomTom Navigation product with a software version of 5.0 or higher. To find out how to check the version number of your TomTom software click here.
A computer with Internet connection and TomTom HOME installed.
A TomTom Safety Cameras subscription or a TomTom Traffic & Safety Cameras subscription.
The TomTom Safety Cameras service is currently available for the TomTom ONE 130/130?S, XL 330/330?S, and GO 730/930.

Sounds like as long as I get a supported product, I can do the same thing as the POI/OV2/CSV file with a One XL.

Looking forward to your inputs!

Craig

Ask a Question