Can Not Use This Map On This Device

Have a 6 month old Start45M with free lifetime map updates. Last week was the first time I updated the map. Tomtom Home asked if I wanted to upgrade, clicked yes and unit upgraded, tried to use device and it says "Can Not Use This Map On This Device: USA_Canada -826" Help. How do I get it to give me the correct map for my Start45M ?

Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds unless your model has a dedicated reset hole.

If that doesn't help, make a call to CS:

United States
866 486 6866
Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST

It may be worth trying the TomTom Clear Flash tool. You can download it from HERE

No guarantees, but worth a try.

You didn't say if you were the original owner or where you brought it. If it came from eBay, or some other used venue, you likely got a unit with a patched map and it has been nuked (as it should be.) If you are the original owner and have your receipt, call TT customer service. I have noticed recently that when I have purchased a used TT unit off eBay for the screen or logic board that had a no map found message, when I connected it to TT Home, I was offered the original map as a download at no cost. So if you are not the original owner, you could try to delete the flagged map and see if you can download the map that is keyed to your unit.

Ask a Question