Can my TT show the speed limit of the road I'm currently on?

TomTom Model(s)
One New Edition
One of my friends said he's sure that that feature exists. I couldn't find it anywhere. Would be useful tho!

Well it is capable, but the better question is WILL IT. :)

You have to enable speed so that your current speed shows up on the main map page. On roads that have this data, it SHOULD show your current speed/speed limit in that order. I have not been able to get this to work, myself. But it's nothing I'm doing, it's the map data.

Well it is capable, but the better question is WILL IT. :)

You have to enable speed so that your current speed shows up on the main map page. On roads that have this data, it SHOULD show your current speed/speed limit in that order. I have not been able to get this to work, myself. But it's nothing I'm doing, it's the map data.
Really? This is a valid feature? I have thought about this but never researched it. The theory is sound, but with road contruction and the every changing highways, is this something that really is progamable? ....and affordable.

I'd like to have this feature... I'm sure we've all done it. Wondered what the speed limit was but missed the only sign for miles that tells you. Though as a Driver Educator, we teach the types of raods andthe general rule for speed limits. ie Urban 35 , Business district 30, rural 40-45 highway 55-65...

Really? This is a valid feature? I have thought about this but never researched it. The theory is sound, but with road contruction and the every changing highways, is this something that really is progamable? ....and affordable.

I'd like to have this feature... I'm sure we've all done it. Wondered what the speed limit was but missed the only sign for miles that tells you. Though as a Driver Educator, we teach the types of raods andthe general rule for speed limits. ie Urban 35 , Business district 30, rural 40-45 highway 55-65...
it's the speed limit for the road. Like traffic, it's spotty at best. Hopefully the feature will improve over time.

that shows current speed of my TomTom.. I know tat one. I meant how do i enable speed limit posting FOR the TomTom...
thanks though!
LOL

you DO need it to show your current speed!!

If the speed limit is known, instead of simply 75mph, you'll see 75/70 mph where the 75/70 is in red because you're over.

^Correct^
You must have your unit display your current speed for it to show the speed of the highway/freeway. It will be displayed like Nextourer explained.

Shame that you cant just have the limit displayed. Maybe its also a legal thing. Because relying on the TT might end up in a ticket, unless you have the speeding cams installed as well :)

LOL

you DO need it to show your current speed!!

If the speed limit is known, instead of simply 75mph, you'll see 75/70 mph where the 75/70 is in red because you're over.
My Apologies... I mistunder stood. I'll have to test out that little feature here in New England. Thanks for the clarification.

....sometimes I'm such a tool

I've tested it out in areas of Dallas and Arizona, and will continue testing it out in different places. But thus far, I've yet to see it work.

I wonder if this is something as end users we could add to our own TT database?

Spook?....

...or could we update teleAtlas with this info too?

Tested it in Philly and parts of NJ and so far, no joy. I have yet to see this work.

as for me, I saw red blink speed limit sign on my 910.
then after installing recent map, it just disappeared.
I haven't seen any speed limit after installed new map(v665.1293)
it's just gone with new map.
what a strange thing happened.

Last edited:
So... updating with TT does not necessarily mean "latest and greatest"?
....fix one thing, break another.

Ask a Question