Can I stop being reminded of irrelevant speed cameras?

Hi, I have a 750 Go Live, and the only map on it is the UK and RoI, but when I check for updates there's a long list of 'Premium Safety Cameras' for other countries, and if I click for more info they'd need to be downloaded. How can I get them off the update screen so I can see what does need updating more clearly?

Make sure you have full back up of the device via Windows Explorer before you do any of the following:

Connect to PC and if Home starts up shut the useless application down.
Start Windows Explorer and locate the drive letter associated with your device, click it to open the drive to reeal the contents.
Locate the folder "UK&ROI" click this to open it, you are now looking at the contents of the map folder.
All the TomTom Safety Cameras are located in this folder with strange names such as radar..... fartkamera...... etc the file for the UK is obvious due to the name - simply remove the foreign cameras, make sure you don't remove any of the map files though! If you want a list of all the individual camera files I can post that later.

With the foreign camera files removed when you connect to Home it will only update the UK file as the others are no longer in the map folder. I never did understand why TomTom install full European Saftey camera files with a map that only covers the UK and Republic of Ireland.

I would also suggest you take a look at the Speed Camera Database offered by pocketgpsworld.com as this is far more comprehensive and accurate, it also includes locations that are known to be frequently used for Mobile Camera vans unlike the TT offering - Mike

There aren't any other camera files I can see

Can't see any other speed camera files in my map folder. I specifically checked for the two you mentioned, and they're not there.
I'd have attached a file list, but I have the pocketgps files there, so there'd be a lot!

I'd used HOME before, to check if any were installed, and planned to remove them to the pc, but that hadn't spotted anything. I'd not browsed the folder directly until you suggested it, but there's still nothing showing.

Thanks for the quick reply btw

Last edited:
These are the files you need to remove:

Autovelox_IT_TomTom.ov2
Blitzer_AT_TomTom.ov2
Blitzer_CZ_TomTom.ov2
Fartkamera_SE_TomTom.ov2
Fartsboks_NO_TomTom.ov2
Kamerat_FI_TomTom.ov2
Radar_BE_TomTom.ov2
Radar_ES_TomTom.ov2
Radar_PT_TomTom.ov2
Safety_Cam_FR_Premium.ov2
Safety_Cam_NL_Premium.ov2
Safety_Cam_PL_TomTom.ov2

Each file will also have an identically named .ver and .dct file which should also be removed - Mike

Ask a Question