Can I get more favorites? 48 is not enough.

Hello,

Tried to add a favorite yesterday. Hit the 48 mark, my tomtom One 3rd edition (8.010) will not let me add anymore.

From reading this forum I see that many people suggest adding POI's instead.
The manual for the tomtom One 3rd also mentions this on pg 20.

http://www.tomtom.com/lib/doc/one3rd/refman/TomTom-ONEv3-en-US.pdf

I could not figure out how to add custom POI's even with the manual.

2 hrs. of talking to customer support later, they (Mandy) told me that the tomtom One 3rd edition cannot add custom POI's and that the information in the manual is a typo (mistake). She had me reset my unit several times and never did the "manage poi's" button appear.

So here is the question.
Is there a way to change a line of code somewhere in order to get more than 48 favorites? For example change a "48" to a "480". My haxor abilities fall short in this department.

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,

I believe that the the One 3rd Ed. has 'crippled' the ability to manage and create custom POI's. This, of course, would be the solution to your problem of running out of Favorites.

Earlier versions of the One can do this. TomTom is now pushing you towards more expensive models if you want this feature (and itineraries).

If you can find a One XL, they can do all this and the price is reasonable.

does the one 3rd edition not allow adding .ov2 files from the web or elsewhere?
Not so. I've successfully imported many .ov2's into my ONE 3rd ed. Just drop them into the main map folder ("USA_and_Canada" in my case). If there's an accompanying .tvl file, it goes into the "poi" folder.

R?

I believe that the the One 3rd Ed. has 'crippled' the ability to manage and create custom POI's. This, of course, would be the solution to your problem of running out of Favorites.
Yes. The 3rd makes a distinction in POIs:

Built-in POIs (which ship with the unit) allow limited editing, such as repositioning their icons, but only through: 'Browse Map --> Correct Location --> Add/Edit POI.'

User-created POIs are fully editable through a separate management system. These are maintained through: 'Preferences --> Manage POIs --> Add/Edit/Delete POI.' Additionally you can add, modify, & delete their categories.

R?

Last edited:
I think the Firmware version needs to be talked about in this discussion.

Did Ver 8 disable Custom PIO?

Can going to Ver 7 bring it back?

I figured it could use .ov2 files, so in that case....

download poiedit from www.poiedit.com

open your favorites file (mapsettings.cfg) in poiedit.

then simply save as an .ov2 file under the name of your choice. load this file into the map folder.

you now have a copy of your favorites saved as a poi file.

then delete all the original favorites and start adding new ones as needed.

Ask a Question