Can I enter Lat & Long on all models?

TomTom Model(s)
Go Live 820 EU
Hi,

I have an old tomtom one that I've had for 10 years or so. One feature I use more than most is the ability to enter lat & long to take me to an exact location.

It's now time to upgrade I'm considering the Via 135 or Go Live 825 or anything around £150 price range. (Recommendations?)

I'm just wondering do they have the ability to enter lat & long?

It's just that in general I feel company's tend to think the public are becoming stupid and such a thing is beyond us. TV for instance is dumbed down a lot these days as if we cant possibly concentrate on a single thing for a whole hour :rant:

Thanks Alligin

There was a brief time when TomTom neglected that feature on a number of brand new models. They got a serious earful from a LOT of users, and quickly restored that functionality. I use the HECK out of that feature in two of my applications (one personal, one work). Sometimes, there just ain't no name for where you wanna go.

Sometimes, there just ain't no name for where you wanna go.

How true. Some of the most beautiful places in the UK don't have names because they are remote. Which is the reason I need lat & long.

Thanks for the replys.

Last edited:
Ditto for our best scenery up here in the Rocky Mountains. At best, you might get a US Forest Service road number, but surely no addresses!

Thankfully(?) not yet available in our market to confuse the poor consumer.

Ours. Yes, he also mentioned the scenery in the UK. I was just commenting upon how I am glad you guys get to be the guinea pigs on your side of the Atlantic. However, I took it from his first post that he is (so far) only looking at Nav3 units, given the models he cited.

Ask a Question