Can I copy maps from CD to my PC?

I have Nav 6 which I use on my PDA (AT&T Tilt).

Is it possible to copy the maps on the CD to my portable PC so when I'm traveling I can use TT Home to load maps onto my Tilt when I need them? I'd like to avoid bringing the CD along every time.

A better option is to make a disc image of the CD (using a burning software like Nero or Alcohol120%). Then when you want to use it, mount the image using Daemon Tools. Then HOME will think you have the CD, and you can do everything as if you had the physical CD with you.

Thanks for the replies.

How then would I get TT Home to point to the maps I've copied, either using Win Explorer or a disk image?

It doesn't look like I can just copy the map files to my PDA, since when I look at its storage card, there's a seperate folder with multiple files for each map I've installed with TT Home.

If you mount a disc image the way I said, HOME will think you have the physical CD in the drive. Daemon Tools emulates a CD/DVD drive and, best of all, it's free!

Ask a Question