Can I change my POI category?

I made a POI category called Family and have added several of my own POI's. I would like to change the name of this POI categroy. Is this possible??

I made a POI category called Family and have added several of my own POI's. I would like to change the name of this POI categroy. Is this possible??

Connect the unit to youe computer. Exit Home if it starts. Do not disconnect the unit, just exit Home. Go into Windows Explorer. + the TomTom folder. Make a backup of "USA_and_Canada", just create a folder on your HD and copy the entire folder over. You then have a backup. You will find Custom POI catagories in th USA_and_Canada folder on the TomTom. Right click the POI file you want to rename (whatever.ov2), choose rename and give it the new name you want. Do the same with the whatever.bmp file as well. You're done. From the System Tray choose Safely Remove Hardware and stop your TomTom. Unplug it and let it boot and all should be well.

OK, I had not tried this before, I just did it on my unit and it works fine. However, make sure you do not skip the backup of the "USA_and_Canada" folder just to be safe! If you want to save time you do not need to backup the complete folder, Just copy the two files the .bmp and .ov2 to you HD. You can put all back if it does not work on your unit.

Ask a Question