Can Home 2 and Home 3 be installed at the same time?

I have a TomTom XL 335TM that my mother uses and a TomTom GO 2535M LIVE that I use for myself. Can the older HOME 2 software be installed at the same time as the newer MyHOME software for the GO 2535 unit? I need to be able to do map updates on both units from the same computer. My laptop is the only computer I've found that does not have the USB stuttering issue on the XL 335TM unit where the computer starts writing data to the XL 335TM and stops. Then it starts again and stops. This does not happen on my laptop. Does anyone know the answer?

i have no problem concurrently running Home2 and MyTomtom.

Just make sure you have different emails for each device, otherwise you'll get cryptic "something has gone wrong" errors.

Regarding the shutdowns, go to device manager, then go to properties on the USB hub that the Tomtom is connected to, and disable "allow the computer to shut down this hub to save power". That fixed disconnect issues on my computer.

"Home 2" and "MyTomTom" also co-exist happily on my PC.

I've noticed that when I connect a machine that uses Home 2 (a Go940) sometimes MyTomTom also launches, but I just shut it down again.

Ask a Question