Buying TomTom model--which one?

Looking at the XXL550TM or the 1505TM, want the lifetime traffic and map updates. So which one is better? 550 on sale for $99.99 and the 1505 $119.97

Don't know which is better, but I do know the following:

The XXL550 uses TomTom Home on your computer and you are also able to access the device's directories and files using Explorer or My Computer just like it was another hard drive. This is invaluable for making backups and adding/removing/modifying files on the device.

The 1505 uses MyTomTom on your computer and you are unable to access any files or directories by any means. This means you will not be able to make a backup using Explorer or My Computer.

Maybe someone else can add to this, but for me I would be lost if I couldn't access the files/directories directly off the device.

If you do look at the 550, you should also consider the XXL540. It has a lot more options in the menus and will do a lot more than the XXL550 with its Quick Menu (which as far as I'm concerned is just a crippled version of the XXL540).

Ask a Question