Buttons stopped working after update.

TomTom Model(s)
XXL 530S
So my situation is unique, but here's what I did:

I wanted to reinstall, so, I wiped the drive, then told TomTom Home to update, and it installed the application anew, then said I had to restart. I'd selected only the navigator (required) and one voice (Richard).

After restart it got to the screen that says:

Computer
Do you want to connect to "Computer"?

and two options: "No" and "Yes". Neither one worked! <-- THIS is the problem.

I unplugged the unit and restarted the device. It told me that voice I'd selected wasn't available and allowed me to choose Richard and the only voice on the system. The button to select it is on TOP. That worked. But after Richard is selected I have to press one of "Back", "Test" or "Select", and they're all on the bottom and I can't press any of them!!!

When I plug it in again, I can't press "YES" to connect the device back to the computer, so I can say... restore from the backup (both TomTom HOME backup and I copied the folder).

Please advise. At this point my unit is as good as broken.

Note: I already tried resetting (holding the power button for 15 seconds until it restarts).

I don't know what else to do :(

P.S. If it's not obvious. It's a TomTom 530S

Edit: I reset it one more time and now I can't get past the legal notice. I can't press "I agree" on the bottom of the screen to move on. :(

Last edited:
@dhn
No reset hole on the XXL530 models, and he says he's used the power button.

I'm bothered (a lot) by the fact that he can't seem to select Yes/No when he connects up to the computer. I'm trying to remember some trick or another about the connection/power-up sequence when this happens, and it's escaping me at the moment.

@fytomtom
Try connecting the unit to the PC while powered OFF, then press the power button and hold it until you get the reset 'drums', release, and see if you can answer the yes/no (yes) successfully to get yourself connected to your PC.

@fytomtom
Try connecting the unit to the PC while powered OFF, then press the power button and hold it until you get the reset 'drums', release, and see if you can answer the yes/no (yes) successfully to get yourself connected to your PC.

It worked! Didn't even prompt me if I wanted to connect. Just connected!
Thank you!

When it got plugged in, I got a message from TomTom Home saying:

ERROR: 573/#https://home.tomtom.com/account/setDevice: Error from server: You have an invalid version of the TomTom application installed on your TomTom device. To use HOME you need to install the correct version of the TomTom application.
You have an invalid version of the TomTom application installed on your TomTom device. To use HOME you need to install the correct version of the TomTom application.
Error code: 573
Debug info from server: InvalidModelOrNavcoreException %3A The combination of model and navcore version provided is not supported
URL: https://home.tomtom.com/account/setDevice

and the same tomtom home which put in the wrong version, put in the right one this time. Yaay!

Good deal. Wasn't sure if I remembered the plug/power sequence correctly or not, but it sounds like it works.

Ask a Question